Simple Truth

Philosophy professor stood before his class and took the five-liter glass jar and filled it with stones, each not less than 3 cm in diameter. In the end, he asked the students if the jar was full?
Answer: Yes, full.
Then he opened a can of peas and poured it into a large jar, a little shocked her. Naturally, peas took the free space between the stones.
Once again, the professor asked the students if the jar was full?
Answer: Yes, full.
Then he picked up a box filled with sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand is fully occupied existing space and everything closed.
Once again, the professor asked the students if the jar was full?
Answer: Yes, and this time clearly, it is full.
Then from under the table, he pulled out two more cans of beer and poured them into the jar until the last drop, macerating the sand.
The students laughed.
"And now - the professor said, - I want you to understand that the bank - it's your life. Stones - is the most important thing in your life: family, health, friends, and their children - all that is necessary to make your life still remained full even if everything else is lost. Peas - these are things that you personally have become important: job, house, car. Sand - is everything else, little things. If at first filled with sand banks, there will be a place where they could accommodate peas and stones. And also in your life, if you spend all the time and all the energy on the small stuff, there is no room for the important things. Engage in what brings you happiness: play with your children, give time to spouses, meet friends. There will always be more time to work, to do cleaning the house, fix and wash the car. Engage primarily stones, that is, the most important things in life. Determine your priorities. The rest - this is just sand. "
Then the students raised her hand and asked the professor how important beer.
The professor smiled: "I'm glad that you asked me about it. I did it just to prove to you that no matter how busy your life is, there is always room for a couple of cans of beer ยป.

Found at

sany_

Tags

See also

New and interesting