Stunning pictures and story. Further more photos

Found in LJ. More precisely send the link

City Balkhash-9 - "nine", lost in the Kazakh steppe garrison of the Russian Army.
Fate decreed that I was there for two years, from December 2001 to yanvar2004 th.
I do not know ... since then time has passed not very much, but now it seems to me that those were the best days of my life.
The most acute and vivid memories I have are related to the object called "building №2» or "two" ... Radar "Daryal-U" (building №1 -peredatchik, building №2 - receiver) designed for long-horizon detection of ballistic missiles and space objects on the "missile-south direction" - in the sector of Western China - Iran.
"Two" is a monument to the great Soviet era. This flight of ideas of Soviet scientists and engineers is romantic Soviet students, members of the Komsomol and builders. In those days, everyone has heard about BAM, sang songs, composed poetry, made films. And about objects №1 and №2 no one knew.
Meanwhile, the mind, the will and the labor invested there were no less.

When I arrived I was on the "nine" building №2 was officially "mothballed". In reality, it was looted and smashed. When I began my service on the first floor is still humming transformers and in the dark corridors lit green indicator light, the upper floor is a horrible sight - the corridor were scattered shredded remains of radio equipment, the height of the junk sometimes reaches to the waist.

As part of "Task Force" I often participated in the clean-up buildings from looters and bandits robbed the building. These daytime and nighttime raids were like an exciting adventure. When you walk in the dark with a gun at the ready, light the way dim light flashlight, listen to the slightest noise in search of "mambosov" and "kalbitov" (as we called there the marauders) and you have a good chance to get to the head of the adjacent box with the equipment, you feel a hero toys «Doom» and «Quake». As we were freezing at night ambushes on the roofs of adjacent structures in the pits in the wilderness, as we made sudden raids on local gang of bandits ... as Colonel A.Nizovym we burned in abandoned barracks mototskly "mambosov." Those were the best days of my life ... Yes ...

Every time I come and go with the facilities №2 with a heavy heart. "The place where the story broke" - I call "two". Corridors and rooms of two resembled a fantastic space station, which, then, whether the epidemic, then, whether because of the terrible catastrophe vnezano left her entire crew. In the cabinets we found half-eaten jam jars on the tables were deployed magazines alerting in which it seemed that the only attendant to enter notes and that's just what came out seemingly for 5 minutes in the tea room too if people are just drinking tea and just left only ten years' dust on the table and talked about the dishes that people have left this place a long time and apparently forever.

A few days before departure from "Nine", a cold January evening, I went to say goodbye to the "two". Her black windows looked at me with sad eyes. I told her "goodbye" deuce "- my joy and my sorrow».

September 17, 2004 the first "two" ... It is said that burned burned, Kazakhs. Most likely it actually was. In January 2003, construction №1 and №2 were transferred to Kazakhstan. Local officials apparently as well as our military officials did not want to be responsible for what happened to these pillars of Soviet military nzhenernoy thought. "Deuce" was burned. I looked at the footage chronicles the fire with a heavy heart, I wanted to cry. Very painful, painful to watch as the remains of burned out power my homeland, my empire ...

safiullin

Tags

See also

New and interesting