Curiosities of life

I live in Austria, studying there, in the "University of Music", specialty - "pianist". To earn a living and study, I earn in a restaurant that I play it on the piano in the evening background music during dinner. Schedule - free, from classical music to pop.
The main condition is to play so that people are not eating during povypadali plug out of the hands, and the pieces do not get stuck in the throat ... And there - at its discretion :)
In short, experience has taught: Play what you want, but quiet, and everything will be fine. If people like the music, you can expect them to "tip" (the most enjoyable moment of the evening!). The case of many funny stories with the guests, tell two of them.

1. One come to his "workplace". The restaurant, at a table, which is located right next to my piano, sat two elderly people: a husband and, accordingly, his wife. According to the type - every 90 years. I'm starting to lay out his notes, and suddenly I heard these two talks, in a rather rude tone:
She: "This is who?" (I Imeyus due) He: "Yes ... the pianist is about to begin ...." She: "Oh, God, just the music we still did not have ....»
 And still there, looking angrily at me, I'm here now they spoil their brynchaniem all appetite. I thought, because the restaurant, apart from them, all the same there is no one, and then politely told them that I could not play until they are alone.
 Her: "Yeah, we somehow without you ..." Well, well, visitors are different, posetitet always right ... I'm going to drink coffee, talking to all the colleagues about the odd couple. All laugh. Another hour, the two sat, and then left. I went to my piano -lezhat my tip: 2 euros!
 That's how we have to work! The main thing - an individual approach to every person! Then the whole restaurant to congratulate me: not a single note playing, get chaevye- is not given to everyone!

2. Once turned out to be a day when the restaurant was filled to capacity by visitors. I played as usual. Suddenly, an old woman approaches, trying to shove me 5 euros, saying: "You play very well ..." - I dwell in happiness, "I appreciated the talent!", And she continues: & quot; ... but it was very loud !!! Please play quieter same background music !!!! & quot; - And this despite the fact that there's nowhere quieter!
I'm not offended. Took 5 euros, and said she will try to play as quietly as possible ... I sit, trying his best ... And a couple sitting a meter away from me, and the whole conversation to hear, quietly and sometimes loudly laughing, something to think about.
And now, after half an hour, from this very table, (which a meter away from me) separates man and, still laughing, came up to me, puts the piano 10 euros and said: "For me, you can play louder!" ))) We were laughing a long time ...
 The visitor is always right. The old lady was unimpressed.

Tags

See also

New and interesting