To be able to have to !! =)

My friend Poldi - people gambling. This is what we know. But no idea to what extent. One day, after watching how we Druganov Dimka Malginov playing chess (playing the Queen's very tricky, pancake, Gambia), he flatly declared that we deskat- dudes. A shahmaty- game, though convoluted, but personally he takes up ... (he paused for a few seconds) for two months to fulfill the norm of the master. Knowing that his supreme achievement in sport to this day were regular children's victory in Chiku, (this is when the cue ball to break the lead stack of coins) seriously, we are, of course, was not accepted. But I have to say, looking ahead, that their commitment Poldi exceeded. So, ask Dimulya week book "ABC of Chess" and parlayed fifty green raccoons killed, he was gone. And there was a month at home.
 Mysteriously grinning, he asked me to go to the website ICC (Internet Chess Club), where I usually tense, but in vain hang out. And here I was stunned. Because next to the player under the name Pold was listed reyting- 2540. Make no mistake - this is a very respectable ranking grandmaster. "Paul - I pleaded, but ...»
 "Yes, everything is somehow ...- he said modestly. But then split. The fact that at a server other than the protein players protrude computer chess program. They were there to test spread. And ranking them accordingly transcendental. Because they do not make mistakes. That's how ordinary people think. But not Paul.
 He reasoned that if they check, there must be a hole. And it is these gaps found !!! However, not staggered, otherwise he did not shine. But it turned out that the vast majority of these iron kids just physically do not have time to make moves, if the amount of time per game less than 1 minute. So he exhibited mode for 10 seconds per move. And all these Chessgigant, Monstr, Devil and other scrap metal, plaintively pisknuv- on bad ... no, probably an all-time taki- overstay.
 And Paul, respectively, devoured them nemerenno rating. Most importantly it was honest. "But Poldi - I asked - how did the title of something ?! After all, since you did not have built up ?! "And he told me. And most importantly - all did so. In short, he joined the ICC in the rating tournament. In accordance with the rating it assigned to the company exclusively Gross and international artists.
 Then he immediately wrote to each international master soap serving contractual tie. Since its rating was higher for at least two hundred units, than the strongest of them, the next day he received their consent. And besides - the part that they play. For him this was an additional condition. From a position of strength.
 "Let's say - I said - and how these two GROSS ?! I certainly, as an experienced treterazryadnik, can by Neto for you to play. Yet everyone will understand ... "" Spokuha, - he said - I also sent them an offer they can not refuse. Two hundred tanks for losing. " "First, - I said - at stake is only poltish. What's the meaning? And then, if they refuse ?! "" First, - calmly explained Paul - not poltish. But you will understand it later. And secondly - one still agreed "" Damn - I hoisted - play some checkers with him how are you going ?! "" Spokuha - confidently he repeated. A week later, the site opened, I saw the results of the tournament.
 Poldi We were all draws. And one losing party. Tom Gross. Predatory smile, I opened it. Black (Paul) lost in the first turn, expired time. Due to the interference connection. And there stood a comment Judge: Member of Leopold Komovsky lost due to technical reasons. But he said he did not consider itself entitled to replay. That did not stop him to get at the end of the qualifying counts ranking title of International Master.
 What he, the judge, his sincere congratulations. As in our time of noble men are not so much. " And now, less than a month and a half Poldi called us to celebrate this event. And not just anywhere, but in "a Grand Imperial". And after dinner, which was Paul to do, in my most conservative podschetam- in polshtuki greenery, I pinned him to the wall. "You see, - he said with feeling - on the eve of the tournament, I went to the bookmaker on Gogol. "They said that this garbage is not usually engaged. But when I put it on the fact that the player with the highest ranking did not come into the number of prize-winners ... And just said, the result of ... »

Boris Usherenko

Tags

See also

New and interesting