Gold Rush: How was it?

Modern travel agencies offer numerous tours of gold rush road, today we are with a certain comfort can go by miners, but how it was in fact, we can learn only from books.

The search for gold go hand in hand with poaching. Find a wealth yet to be, and I'm hungry now

In the period of 1900-1930 years of the abandoned mines of traveling "seekers" who rummage dumps rocks in search of gold. Each of them had a dog that guarded his master and transferred to the Statement of the ammunition.

Deadwood (Deadwood) in 1888. It will take a quarter of a century, and it will turn into one of the many ghost towns.

The washed gold. 1916.

Each of the miners dig for gold as he could. Large companies are digging a mine ...

... And private traders were washed river sand.

1890. Gold caravan, loaded with gold worth 250 thousand dollars, goes on the road.

The government is trying to control the production, if not gold, then at least the order and discipline among the miners. The picture in 1915 - District Governor George Parks Alakan in an inspection tour of the gold mines.

The search for gold go hand in hand with poaching. Find a wealth yet to be, and I'm hungry now.

Tags

See also

New and interesting