The Day After Tomorrow in Ukrainian: from Kherson to Kiev.

The last few days Ukraine reeling from snowy weather. Winter, as always, came to Ukraine suddenly. Thousands of Ukrainians were blocked in their cars across the country. Hundreds of thousands were unable to get to their destination. Among the latter were also my wife.

Returning from the Crimea, we were in the midst of bad weather, which wisely decided to wait in Kherson. After spending a few days in town, we decided to move on, because the time we started shrinking. Friends tried to dissuade us from doing so, because the situation on the roads was far from happy. We all decided to take a chance and go to Kiev.

Choosing which way - through further Nikolaev Odessa (we are so advised) through Nikolaev on the Resurrection and Pervomaisk, Nikolayev by Kirovograd finally through Dnepropetrovsk, we finally settled on the second option. I understood that it is risky because of the long cross-country Voznesensky and Day, but still conferring we decided on this option.

Kherson all these days was paralyzed by snow drifts. Even on key highways was a lot of snow, and in the side streets you can get caught up immediately. City authorities are not ready for the winter, so there was chaos in the streets. 40 minutes we tried to leave the city, places that reminded subjects of the American film "The Day After Tomorrow».

"The Day After Tomorrow" is Hersonski

If you do not, say, turn on time, a real opportunity to turn around, you will have only until you drive to the next ring.

The mayor and the city government these days in Kherson as such otsustvovali

On the whole city four grader, really two

At last. We turned around and went back to the turn at Nikolaev

Who the fuck is interested?

When an elementary snow knocked out half the country in coma

A typical picture of these days

A typical picture of these days

Moving in the direction of Nikolaev

By the way, not every gas station you can call. Especially struck by Shell, its staff stood and waved their hands, that there is no check, "not cleared here" :) In the picture, though not Shell /

Yeah, no ...
zayvih

Good grass smoke BYuT

Nothing so tunelchik ...

Absurd and inadequate you are in this scenario, Vladimir Mikhailovich

What the Kherson android

Still Kherson, crawl on the second

Truncated skidded yopt

But the day will tell you this has been a beautiful, soul singing

Approaching departure from

So far, Kherson

I do not see Nikolayev ...

Check out the track Kherson, Mykolayiv impressed

The victims of the first snow hitting

Are clearing, but really dvuhryadka was completely covered with half a meter of snow. So the movement of Kherson and Nikolayev is only one lane.

Shat shat-not "Vlada" deep hell on any "nagaduvannya." While our nation is currently nagaduvat so long and will freeze the thousands among the fields at the first serious snow. The best way to foretell currently using AK.

Do you want to refuel? Pull!

Yes, you Vlasna іstoriya we vlasnі problemi

Gathering pace

Too bad cars do not fly

One hundred percent, and the old collective grave

So we go on Eurocorridors! :)

Imagine 12 kilometers in 35 minutes

Whether the road of national importance, whether good hard-packed trails

Where is the right two bands

Somewhere near Kherson Airport

I did not understand what happened to him

Gee

Gee-gee

Endless snow gave

Do not curb, and hummocks which the

Three days ago, so that's stuck here 700 cars. Many are abandoned and still

Valiant seemed MOE

Go to overtake

Counter always empty, is not to let the traffic police car

Some trucks were driven frankly

And he brought

I know a guy who got stuck here stood in the night of 16 to the 17th. He stood there all night and in the morning I saw that the fuel ends, spat, threw the car and walked to the side of Kherson, was 10 kilometers, then he picked up what that minivan, which is selected from snow captivity.

Oh, there was a little cleaner and the speed increased to 80

Not to let the traffic police car to the side of Kherson

Sorry man, that he is broken. On the way we tossed a couple of Odessa to New wretches who also broke down the machine

Drifting gone, we thought that a new storm, but has carried

Children! We still have not reached Nikolayev!

Vaughn pratsyuє winter ... I mean, what do you think? :)

Somewhere at the entrance to Nikolaev

Overtaking on the road so dumb

Counter wagon did not bother and just went along the side of

Not surprisingly, more than 50 kilometers we drove about a half hour

Eeeee Oh, finally! We were right!

Strategic ring

Wonderful winter Ingul

For a long time that the machine does not get out of the snow trap

Reed, like field

Come on Voznesensky. The picture is the same.

A little fun

However, not all

We were delighted

Frost and sun; a wonderful day!

Good to breathe free breast

Whether the sea, or the tundra

Our war machine

Here, the road did not cleaned

Do you want to pass - making the rounds

Good and comfortable to sit in such houses in this cold. And maybe not comfortable ...

thumb = left] http://doseng.org/uploads/posts/2009-12/1261372070_106.jpg [/ thumb]
The road of life :)

Winter rural landscape

Interesting houses

Similar to the hut, but not hut

Heart sank alarmingly ...

Proudly blows the banner of the Leader of the frozen villages. Theater of the absurd, really ...

It can not be!

Nice village cancers. Here is the heart sank even more alarming

People began to get nervous

Let's go in two rows, the traffic police gave the green

Sometimes, our traffic police protects us

Where to look so intently, swearing on the phone?

And, over here

We are allowed to rise. Carefully go

Upstairs we're constantly five minutes gone further. The road was empty, but not for long. At the next village was even more ambitious plug

And so we stand

But ... I want to draw your attention! While we stand loshara and Vaughn pratsyuє!

Here! This guy is all at once. We heard the noise and saw the drifts, all wrapped in snow dust is famously raced a car. I thought that this is a Jeep. NO! It was a common front-drive Chevrolet!

Vaughn peremozhe!

Guys zashushukalis, some began to say that it may well take a chance. A half a minute gone in the footsteps of heavy machinery cab :)

Amazingly, we all stood for about 10 minutes and then drove on. Passing Voznesensk, we escaped to the operating room. The road from Kherson to Voznessensk took about 4 chasov.Vozle Voznessensk batteries are exhausted, but it turned out that the most interesting thing we've seen.

After Pervomaisk we ran quite fun, although some places were listed sections of the road. But compared to what we have seen in the south, it was utter nonsense. In 19-13, we were already on the Odessa track. An hour, we ate at one of the restaurants Poplavskiy. And then rushed to Kiev. 22-23 we were in the Ukrainian capital. Total road from Kherson to Kiev took 10 hours. During this time we passed 600 km. My wife and I did not tired, on the contrary. because during that overcame every obstacle came home in a beautiful nastroenii.Vprochem, we were lucky, as many Ukrainians at this time is still sitting in snowdrift. After all, as always, the winter came to us suddenly ...

Yuri Romanenko, "Hvilya"

Tags

See also

New and interesting