In focus

Forget the camera with remote control or hidden in the rocks and the trees lenses.
Jonathan Griffiths prefers to take pictures of yourself, and, at a distance of a few centimeters from the wild beasts.

British photographer Jonathan Griffiths risked his life to make these shots of lions, bears and other predators.

32-year-old photographer endured 40 degrees of frost Canadian forests and steppes to gain the trust of each of its "model" for two or three days. Photo: Snow Leopard.

He beckons them with food - mostly chicken to photograph better. Photo: American badger.

In this picture you can see the power of the king of beasts, lashed out at his camera.

And in this photo tiger decided "to breathe" in his lens.

Jonathan from Egrema, Surrey, got the camera just two years ago - on his birthday from the bride to take pictures of their newborn son.

However, after spending some time at a local zoo, Jonathan decided he wanted to take a picture of predators in the wild.

He went to Canada, where he stayed in reserve. He woke up at 5:30 am and went to the mountains in search of snow leopards, wolves and panthers. He was accompanied by a guide, and soon Jonathan managed to capture wild predators in all their glory and grace.

"At first I was nervous, as has never before had I been so close to wild animals - says Jonathan. - And after all of them can expect anything ».

For Jonathan worst moment was when he came face to face with the panther. "I was so scared. I thought that it might attack me at any moment ».

"It's a real adrenaline rush. You are so close that you can see the saliva dripping from their fangs. And you do not believe my own eyes ».

"My family thinks I'm a little crazy and always worried - what if something goes wrong. But I do like to approach them as close as possible to make pictures of the different plan ».

His project lasted 15 months.

Yeah, when you look into the mouth that could swallow a camera, rejoice that you see it in the photo holder only, and not live.

Siberian Tiger in the snow.

Tags

See also

New and interesting