Almost a year ago, Svetlana brought her mother to the city, at first everything was fine, but soon the gentle and kind woman changed beyond recognition

Psychiatrists from all countries are sounding the alarm: dementia is “getting younger”! If you notice that your parent's memory has become poor, everyday tasks have become more difficult, and problems with speech have appeared, take him to the doctor. This disease is developing rapidly. Save a loved one!

My memory became poor. Sveta took her mother to the city almost a year ago. The decision seemed right to everyone. Half a day over potholes to get to her village. Moreover, my health began to fail.

At first everything went well. While Sveta and her husband were at work, her mother was preparing dinner, cleaning the house, and feeding her teenage granddaughter after school. She did everything that Sveta couldn’t get around to after work.

True, lately Marina Mikhailovna has become not herself. Her memory became poor. She repeated the same phrase several times, lost her things, hid food and could leave the house for a couple of hours without warning. One day, a gossiping neighbor met Sveta at the entrance and said that Sveta’s mother often complains about her daughter’s bad life. They say they are almost starving.

Alarm bells After this, the woman forbade her mother to leave the apartment. But she didn’t act any less weird. One day she decided to wash her granddaughter’s things without asking. She took them out of the closet and stuffed them jumbled into the typewriter. Natasha's delicate blouses were hopelessly ruined.

Mom also got into the habit of hiding food. Sveta only had time to grab from her hands either a stick of sausage or a jar of mayonnaise. And the other day a woman found a block of cheese under the radiator. Judging by the appearance, he had been lying there for more than a week.

Sveta got angry and attacked her mother at every opportunity. “You are doing this out of spite! Out of boredom I found something to amuse myself - should I get on my nerves?” the disgruntled daughter fumed.

“Why do you hate me?” The woman could not understand why her mother was coming up with new dirty tricks every day. Because of her frightening behavior, Sveta’s husband, Oleg, began to lose patience. Mother-in-law's eccentricities also affected him. She could throw his expensive razor in the trash or break his branded cologne. Marina Mikhailovna never confessed to the crime. And when she was caught in the act, she denied it, was offended and burst into tears.

In addition, the mother stopped doing housework and cooking. More precisely, she cooked, but either over-salted it or overcooked it to a charcoal crust. More than once the following conversation took place between women in a raised voice:

- Sveta, why did you prepare this nasty thing again? You can't be allowed near the stove!
- It's a joke? This is what you prepared!
- Yes, when I could do this, my joints ached all day. Maybe it's Natalochka?
— A classmate had Natalochka at a sleepover. The child doesn’t want to come home because of you. Afraid of your crazy antics.

And Marina Mikhailovna again burst into tears.

Mom's eccentricities: bad memory Soon, the husband unequivocally hinted that the mother-in-law had a problem with her head. But Sveta was not convinced: her mother was only 60, still very young. She is simply taking revenge for the sale of her village house.

And one day, coming home from work, Sveta discovered a new surprise. A pack of salt was scattered under the door in the hallway, and half of the refrigerator was again moved under the radiator.
In response to Sveta’s ferocious call to their room, the mother came out, shuffling in old slippers. The daughter had already thrown them out twice, but each time her mother took the shoes out of the trash. Reproaches rained down on the elderly woman: for the sewer created in the kitchen and hallway. For laziness and idleness. She only weakly refused with teary eyes. “Daughter, it’s not me,” she kept repeating.

What Sveta took for a witchcraft ritual with salt turned out to be her mother’s attempt to sprinkle on a slippery road. It was icy outside, but she wanted to take a walk and go to the store for food. My daughter forbade me to take their products.

“I forbade you not to take them, but to hide them! Stop acting like a fool!” — the woman lost her temper. She understood that the entire entrance would know about their quarrel, but she could not stop. Lately, her mother seems to have decided to drive her away from the world with her antics.

A trip to the doctor After another scandal with her husband, Oleg finally persuaded Sveta to take her mother to the doctor. Who knows, he'll poison them or strangle them at night. The woman raised her horn: her mother was taking revenge on her for selling her house. But my husband’s threat to pack my things and leave forced me to act.

The doctor stunned the woman with a diagnosis: Marin Mikhailovna has senile dementia. Moreover, her condition is worsening. A little time will pass, and the pensioner will no longer recognize her family and generally understand who she is. This disease progresses rapidly, and the personality of the patient is destroyed before our eyes. Dementia is especially dangerous for “young” patients. As a rule, their lifespan is short.

Snorting loudly, Sveta rushed to challenge the doctor’s verdict. The mother is not sick, but simply settling scores with her and trying to destroy the family. Her character has always been complex, but now she is simply taking revenge for selling the house. And in general, this is envy in its purest form. Finally, she accused the doctor of trying to pressure her into pity and guilt. She demanded that I be prescribed pills.

Her memory has become bad - Understand that pills will not help her. She didn't just have a bad memory. And she has little time left. She needs all your love and care now. This is your mother!
- You know, I need care too! I work like hell at work, and I also need to pay attention to my husband and daughter. Now mommy also organizes a circus every day.
- I hope you will listen to me. And the last thing: it’s better to let him stay at home. Such patients often get lost because they forget the way.

An angry Sveta rushed out of the hospital with the clear intention of locking her mother in the room. Wants to be indignant? Please, as much as you can!

The woman did not believe in her mother’s illness, but she began to suffer even more severely. She stopped washing and cried more and more often that she was being starved. And then she began to pretend that she didn’t recognize Sveta and Natasha. The daughter was just angry. The pensioner is clearly going too far in playing crazy games. One day she yelled back at Sveta. She took her for a stranger and demanded that she leave her apartment.

The woman was confused, but the solution came instantly. She shouted to her mother that she would buy her house and let her spoil the blood of her neighbors. While recruiting a customer, she ran out of the apartment. She forgot to lock the door. Apparently, she also had a bad memory.

Fatal ending The buyer flatly refused the deal. In broken feelings, Sveta called her husband. It turned out that he had gone with his daughter to his parents. I reprimanded my husband for not notifying me about his departure. She complained about her mother, who yelled at her and pretended to be a stranger. Oleg once again tried to reach Sveta: “Maybe the psychiatrist is right?” But she only angrily spat into the phone, saying that the doctor just wanted to humiliate her or get her “pawed.”

“Then get ready and come. Mother has enough food, the door is closed. Let’s rest at my place for a couple of days,” the husband gave his verdict.

When the family returned home two days later, they were greeted by the open door to the apartment. Mother was not at home. The enraged Sveta lost her voice, scolding her for running away. But there was nothing left: it was necessary to start searching and check if anything had been taken out of the house.

While Oleg was inspecting the property, Sveta and Natasha combed the surrounding area and interviewed neighbors. But it didn't give anything. I had to write a statement to the police station.

The next day my mother was found. In the evening, Sveta received a call from the police. Marina Mikhailovna’s body was found on the way out of the city. She left the house barefoot and wearing a light nightie. No one understood how she managed to get so far. On foot, without money, in the January cold.

While the inspector shared his thoughts, Sveta, in a daze, replayed his words in her head over and over again: “Your mother is dead. Frostbite." Everything inside turned upside down in an instant. How did she let this happen? Why was she so cruel and inconsiderate? Why didn’t you believe the doctor, closed your eyes to the problem, got angry and shouted at your mother? Sveta seemed to have woken up. Her husband comforted her for several hours while she howled on the bathroom floor.

Appreciate your parents while you can. She didn’t remember the funeral well. Only the mother in the coffin is imprinted in my memory. So small and thin, like a doll. Sveta looked at her in a daze and didn’t believe: just a couple of days ago mommy was alive.

“Forgive me, mommy! It's my fault, only mine! I beg you, forgive me!”

But she lay white and cold and did not hear her daughter’s groans. A peaceful smile was forever frozen on her lips. It looks like she was finally able to find peace.
Take care of your parents while they are near you!

Tags

See also

New and interesting