How to beg your mother-in-law for the coveted recipe for potato pancakes to please your husband

What to cook from potatoes quickly and tasty? Lush, perfectly round and very tasty potato pancakes come to mind, which I recently tasted in one of the suburban cafes.

It's a pity that the restaurant refused to disclose the recipe to me. But my grandmother says that similar potato pancakes were often prepared in their village before. Took a family recipe and loved it. And if you have your own versions of how to give pancakes a similar shape and splendor, share them in the comments.

What to cook from potatoes quickly and tasty Ingredients
  • 1 kg of potatoes
  • 1-2 tbsp. sour cream spoons
  • 2 onions
  • 2 eggs
  • 1.5 tbsp. l. starch
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • vegetable oil for frying

Preparation
  1. Cook the third part of the potatoes as in mashed potatoes. The rest is sodium on a fine grater.

2. Grated potatoes must be squeezed through cheesecloth to get rid of excess moisture.

3. Add onion, salt and pepper grated on the same grater.
  4. The eggs were divided into yolks and whites. Whisk whites and yolks separately.

5. Mix together grated potatoes and mashed potatoes, starch, sour cream and beaten eggs.

6. Knead the potato dough well. Shape it into a round cutlet and fry in plenty of oil. It should reach the middle of the potato pancakes. Flip when the bottom is done with two forks.

7. You can diversify the recipe with fillings of mushrooms with onions, cottage cheese with herbs, eggs and green onions. And instead of flour, try adding semolina. She gives pomp.
  8. Serve hot with sour cream or homemade sauce.

9. Bon Appetit!

The result of culinary efforts turned out, frankly, not quite the same as in a cafe. Compared to regular potato pancakes, grandmothers boast a smoother texture and hold their shape better. And whipped proteins give them extra pomp. But like all potato pancakes, these are especially good hot. So there are the first ones you need to start already when the latter are still fried.

Tags

See also

New and interesting