How to become literate in 10 easy steps

How important is literacy? But for a writer? Whether to go to the writers, if there are literacy issues – errors in words and punctuation marks, confusion in the wording of the thoughts on paper?

This article is about the fact that most of the ability to vividly and accurately commit to paper the thoughts goes hand in hand with literacy. But there are exceptions, writes Eva Ozerov, especially for .

It is important to understand how to pull personal literacy, can it be done, what steps to take. The benefits of literacy are obvious, because in an age of unprecedented development of technology and virtual communication, people lost a sense of their native language, forgotten language.

This text aims to remind you about the benefits read about the importance of supporting the purity of the language; will talk about ways to improve their own literacy, not only in order to start writing proper articles, as well as for General personal development. Without a high level of knowledge of the native language is not complete, accomplished and cultured man.

"If culture is a house, he said, the language key and

to the front door and all the rooms inside.

Without language, saying, get lost, will remain homeless,

without full self-identity".

H. Hosseini, "And it flies in the mountains"

Late last year a colleague asked me how to become literate. She tries to write posts for social media, she always has a lot of interesting ideas spinning around in my head, but literacy is a huge problem! And not only with punctuation but with the wording of the phrases themselves. And as far as I can see those people with whom you communicate at work, it's a common sore spot.

Unfortunately, today's trend – people are increasingly wrong, increasingly, can quickly and clearly formulate their thoughts to Express them on paper. People do not know how to write concise emails, and then wonder that they these letters were never answered. Overall literacy has deteriorated.

I had a "funny" case. When almost 10 years ago, we at the registry office with her future husband filled out the application for marriage, the Registrar could not hide his delight and surprise, accepted our completed application. Seeing our confusion, she explained that for a long time we were the first couple that with the first correctly filled out the application. Sad.

Remember our main question – should I start to write something, think about the future of writing, if you don't cope with literacy? My unequivocal answer is Yes. But only to begin to write for yourself, not dreaming of fame of the writer. First you need to be sure to come in some form (as in athletes), which later will allow us to write for others, but not in the table. But in order to the form to enter, you need to seriously, to sweat, to work.

And before moving on to the meat of the question, I propose to formulate for ourselves what is literacy. Whether only error-free spelling and correct use of punctuation? I'm sure there's more to it.

Yes, no errors is important, of course. And it is desirable to have an innate literacy, or some inner instinct that helps to write the words correctly and to correctly choose the comma. But that's not all, for me, included in the broad concept of "literacy. It is important to feel the language, to understand in what situations or contexts is necessary and possible to use these or other words, phrases, and expressions. Also included life experience, erudition, observation, and curiosity. Without this man can not be fully literate.

So,is it possible to raise the level of literacy and how to do it?

Yes, you can and should be doing it throughout his life.

I offer the following 10 steps to improve personal literacy:

1. Constantly contact the special resources assistants.

2. To read a lot. Read carefully, trying to memorise the spelling and correct word usage. Read carefully.

3. To get format Board books dictionary of the Russian language.

4. To solve the crosswords and puzzles.

5. To write dictations.

6. To attend courses to improve literacy.

7. Start written texts on the literacy test

8. If in doubt of the spelling of words it is better to replace the word, phrase close in meaning or clarify the writing from colleagues and friends.

9. Need a lot of practice in writing texts. Better to start with simple short stories about everything. Then you can take the rule of bard – I sing what I see. Most importantly, simplicity. Do not invent themes, don't get too complicated objects to describe, just look around. For a variety of their dreams to record. This is doubly useful

10. Write the presentation. Remember from school, what is it? This written retelling of the short story in your own words. It is useful to combine reading with outlining. Read the small story, rewrote it in your own words, then compare with the original.

The main thing is to exercise daily, then progress will not keep itself waiting. Success!

Author: Eva Ozerov, especially for

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: Eva Ozerov

Tags

See also

New and interesting