Erich Fromm: the Unhappy fate of men – a consequence of their choices Undone

We offer you 30 quotes of the great German philosopher and psychologist Erich Fromm. Quotes, giving life, quotes that answer the most troubling questions of the person. His thoughts will not leave anyone indifferent.

1. The main life task of man is to give life to himself, to become what he is potentially. The most important product of his effort is his own personality.

2. We don't have anyone to explain anything to report, yet our actions do not hurt or infringe on others. How many lives have been ruined by this need to explain which usually implies that you "understand", that is justified. Let them be judged by your actions, and it is about your true intentions, but know that a free man needs to explain anything, only yourself — your mind and consciousness — and the few who have the right to demand explanations.

3. If I love, I care, I mean I actively participate in the development and happiness of the other person, I'm not a spectator.

4. The goal of man to be himself, and the condition of achieving this goal is to be a man for himself. Not self-denial, not self-love, and the love of self; not a rejection of the individual — and the assertion of his own human self: that is the true Supreme values of humanistic ethics.

5. Life has no other meaning except that which man gives it, revealing their strength, by living productively.

6. If a person can not live in compulsion, not automatically and spontaneously, he becomes aware of himself as an active creative person and understand that life has only one meaning, life itself.

7. We have what about yourself inspired by yourself and what about us, we have inspired others.

8. Happiness is not some God's gift, and the achievement of what man achieves his inner fruitfulness.

9. For man everything is important, except his own life and the art of living. It exists for almost anything, but not for himself.

10. Sensitive people can't resist a deep sadness about the inevitable tragedies of life. Joy and sadness are inevitable experiences sensitive, full of life person.

11. The unhappy fate of many people – a consequence of their choices undone.They are neither alive nor dead. Life is a burden, an invaluable lesson, and the case – only a means of protection from torment of existence in the realm of shadows.

12. The concept of "being alive" — the concept is not static, but dynamic. Existence is the same as the disclosure of the specific forces of the body. Actualization of potential forces is an inherent property of all organisms. Therefore, the opening up of the potential of man according to the laws of its nature should be seen as the goal of human life.

13. Empathy and experience suggests that I experience something experienced by another person and, consequently, in this experience he and I are one.All the knowledge about the other person is valid as far as they are based on my experience what he is experiencing.

14. I am sure that no one can "save" his neighbor, making him a choice. All that can help one person to another is to open the door in front of him, truthfully and with love but without sentimentality and illusions of the existence of alternatives.

15. Life confronts man paradoxical task: on the one hand to realize their individuality, and on the other to outdo her and come to an experience of universality. Only fully developed personality can rise above their self.

16. If puppy love is based on the principle "I love because we love", Mature love is based on the principle "I love because I love you". Immature love yelling "I love you because I need you!". Mature love says: "I need you because I love you."

17. Selfless insanity on each other is not proof of the power of love, but only testimony to the immensity of loneliness that preceded it.

18.If a person experiences love on the principle of possession, it means that he seeks to deprive the object of his "love" of freedom and keep it under control. Such love does not bestow life, and suppresses, destroys, strangles, kills her.

19. Most people believe that love depends on the object and not from our own ability to love. They even are convinced that, since they do not love anybody except the "loved" person that proves the strength of their love. This is a misconception — installation on the object. This is similar to the condition of a man who wants to paint but instead to study painting, he insists that he simply should find a worthy nature when it to happen, he will draw superb, and it will happen by itself. But if I really love a man, I love all people, I love peace, I love life. If I can tell someone "I love you", I should be able to say "I love you", "I love through you the world I love in you myself."

20. The nature of the child —a replica of the character's parents, it develops in response to their character.

21. If the person is able to fully love, he loves himself; if he can love only others, he cannot love at all.

22. It is considered that love — this is the pinnacle of love, while in fact is the beginning and only the possibility of finding love. It is considered that it is the result of mysterious and attraction of two people to each other, an event occurring by itself. Yes, loneliness and sexual desires make love easy case, and there is nothing mysterious, but it is a success that goes as fast as it came. Accidentally not be your favorite; your own ability to love causes love in the same way as an interest makes you interesting.

23. The person who cannot create wants to destroy.

24. Oddly enough, but the ability to be alone is the condition for the ability to love.

25. How important it is to avoid empty talk, it is also important to avoid bad companies. By "bad society" I mean not only the vicious people — their companies should be avoided because their effect is oppressively and destructively. I mean the company also zombies whose soul is dead, although the body is alive; of people with empty thoughts and words of people who don't talk and talk, not think, and Express popular opinion.

26. Favorite person you need to find yourself, not lose yourself in it.

27. If things could talk, then the question "Who are you?" a typewriter would answer: "I am typewriter", the car said, "I — car" or more specifically: I a "Ford" or "Buick" or "Cadillac". If you ask people who he is, he answers: "I — Fabrikant", "I am servant", "I am the doctor" or "I am a married man" or "I am the father of two children" and his response would mean almost the same, which would mean a reply talking things.

28. If other people do not understand our behavior — so what? Their desire to do only as they understand it is an attempt to dictate to us. If that means being "asocial" or "irrational" in their eyes, though. Most of them offends our freedom and our courage to be ourselves.

29. Our moral problem is the indifference of man to himself.

30. Man is the centre and purpose of his life.The development of his personality, the realization of the inner potential is the highest goal that simply can not change or depend on other supposedly higher purpose. published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: www.knigikratko.ru/articles/30-spasitelnyh-citat-eriha-fromma-o-nastoyashhej-lyubvi-schaste-svobode-trevogah-i-odinochestve

Tags

See also

New and interesting