How to motivate your child to exercise — 7 principles of success

I am often asked how I "convinced" or "agree" with their children so they went to training. The fact that I cannot convince anyone, the children always have a choice — to go or not to go (and two and a half years of our study such "Yes, I do know that today will not go," was, maybe four times, all three).

But there were many cases on the contrary, when the temperature of patients, these children, as some cultists rushed into the room, as if there are no Affairs more important. And the worst punishment in the hall — suspension from exercise or performing a certain exercise.

They love to come early and the unspoken rule of good taste, and a reason for pride, they considered to go back later, generally after all. Trainer for them-the biggest authority in the world, they catch every word and coaching them gifts for the precious. Now they are 12 and almost 8 years and they are much more Mature, more independent, purposeful and I think happier than I was at their age.

I thought about how we came to such situation when the children voluntarily rush into the hall, where training hard for 4 and sometimes for 5 hours, where they can yell and be hurt when ready without dropping hands is working on some element that may not happen for months... and well, able to work independently, even when no one is around and not to Skive. Of course, such children have "no issue".

And what is happening is the result of some "party policy", held during this time.

Principle first, the most importantthis should be such that is liked by the child and parents.

If the business doesn't like it, well, is not to him the soul — nothing. For example, the older children practiced karate for several years and went to school with his friend's sorrow little creature, whose choice is still there (so, our family was). It seemed to me that karate is important. The children seemed to beat each other is not correct. And for almost three years that we usanimals there, their opinion has not changed. They received a blue belt with yellow stripes. The activities did not excite them.That is, if it's something that only parents like, and in the opinion of the child was not much interested (a common scenario with music schools), the option "sterpitsya-slyubitsya" may not ride.

It is also important that if the parent himself is not fond of the fact that loved baby, children's immature psyche can easily "blown away" at the first failure. Any occupation has its joyful and dark sides. Gymnastics, for example — it is so beautiful, but the stretching is so painful. Little girl can really want to become a gymnast and really do not want to endure the pain. The task of parents is to be near if not on the workouts, it really be in the topic in General, to show that I'm in, it is important and interesting for him. Together to go more fun, especially on an unfamiliar road. But if the matter is that an adult quite well, the soul does not lie — the child can turn sour (... well, if your parents is not important, so ...)

The second principle — a smooth start.No man will withstand momentary immersion in the training regime of a professional athlete. Children of the first year learning just to go to these classes, and what is happening there — not so important When we started — the children are engaged three times a week for half an hour and it was just enough. Sometimes it seemed to me that so little time has passed, we just relaxed — and here again exercise... and it was only 4.5 hours a week. And now their is and 27. We started with a circus Studio, the kids loved it. It so happens that ambitious parents bring their children in serious group, saying "we are very serious", where they begin to plow and just burn out — it is hard, nothing is impossible, we the other children can not keep up, never, etc. Before you develop the speed you need to accelerate, and in our case, the acceleration should be smooth. We gained traction for many months. When started daily training in a sports team, we would not stand if six months was not engaged in circus Studio. Children first was released two hours later and I had no idea how aged the kids who train at 4-5.

The third principle — everyone has their own way and its own speed. My three children who train with the same coach, in the same group — very different. The eldest daughter is endowed with data, power, but often lacks drive and persistence. It is a sad pale Princess. Second daughter — a small tractor. I would have written "dumb" tractor, but about children, especially about their. It is not endowed with data, she hardly knows any new elements to learn dance bunch — generally a nightmare. But she's fantastically hard-working and loves what he does.

To her "run" in the work we need different levers than the older. We also have the younger boy. Being the twin brother of the little tractor, it was its antithesis, so to speak. The boy clearly knows their boundaries of comfort, does as much as he was comfortable, and the coaches quickly took a position of "non-violence" towards him. Until he's a year and a half behind the sisters on skills. But we all somehow believe in its great future.

Just what this boy needs time to prove himself, to open up. If not for his sister, I don't know, would I have the patience to drive it every day to training, to which he makes ten percent from what would. After all, compared to other children this boy is the laggard. But it is not important — after all, he likes what he does. He is not ready to work as the others, but in General training is for him. And that's the main thing!

Principle four — there is always a choice. I am often asked "but if they decide to quit?... you will not wish the time spent?". First, it is very high quality, this is the perfect time. And we go to exercise is not only to ensure that in the future to achieve something, but because it is cool. Like going to the movies, for example. But, on the other hand, if we train where there are all sorts of competitions, of course, want to see the outcome of these trainings has led children to prize-winning places. This is all I remember. But if you want to quit I will do this: ask them to think about it, about their partners, which they have done. About trainers who may have some plans for them, believe in them and in their love. And to weigh everything again: the problem leading to the departure lies in the field of sports, in relationships, in the field of personal skills newmani and so on.

Next, we will talk about what could cause such a decision. My youngest daughter said "acrobatics she has nothing else to do" when they were separated from their sister, they are very well made in a pair and she was without makeup. We came to the conclusion that it is not "tumbling bad", and so there were circumstances, and to quit now would be very stupid when this all started.We discussed the fact that her personal skill does not depend on the partner close by and there are a lot of things that she can learn on their own. Daughter calmed the conversation. In General, children trust me, they know I'm on their side and will never say "no, because I said so". We talk a lot about their training, my husband and I know the names of all the children in the group, and this activity became part of our family in some way. Not just a place where kids go to train.

Fifth principle — help your first win. I think the only time when a rookie can be tough pressure (parents, I mean, you can — the coach is the work of every day:), extruding and leave no choice but to try — this is the initial step before the first competition.

"Neobstrelyannye" kids don't know the skill to work and try, in principle. Imagine the face of a typical scolioses student, diverting gaze away from the tablet, "what-Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh-? Rabo-Oh-Oh-Oh-otat?".

It is important to understand that this battle is not with man, and the battle with laziness.

Mine were exactly the same. I am infinitely grateful to our first coaches of the circus Studio, which said that my children went there for three months to hang out, not willing to work and in this group they do nothing. It is here that we are for them and took. "Do you want to continue?" They wanted. "You would be upset if you are kicked out?" They were upset. And then we agreed with them that we pull up to the level of the group, but will act as it should, not as they are familiar and nice. Because the game is worth the candle? You can sign a contract with the child, by the way. To be clear — THIS has a clear temporal boundaries. Let's say — a month. The early days of home training was hell — I was standing outside the door and listened as the howling children, Dima taught to turn somersaults. They were howling from Ifigenia,from protest, from the fact that their essence did not want to make efforts. But after a few weeks they learned to somersault forward, backward, do a cartwheel and have become themselves skipping to run to class.

It was important for us to break through this barrier, to break the force of attraction and bring them to a new orbit.

Yes, you can give up — to tumble back hard. Sit on the splits hurt. It is not ours. But in any case — it seems complicated at first, but then there is so much joy when it turns out!

I have seen many children who refused to go to training because they felt that they just never will. Why embark on. Because coaches sometimes yell at the children like, don't you dare question, you lazy bag of bones, you can do it! They can do it.

The sixth principleis to support the small achievements. Paradoxically, the more the child is praised, the more it works. Must be the fulcrum, when the whole world is against you, the judges, the contestants, everyone is just waiting for you to fail.

Because warm, honest parent rear is so important.

I never scold children for what they can't do something, although there were many situations such as in the joke about "don't cry baby girl, your head is not square" we Have a rule — to enjoy the tiny victory. Many parents are afraid to praise children, to spoil them — but the fact is that children do not stop when one reaches a victory, they need to move on, increasing the number of wins. Because their praise will not spoil.

The seventh principle — not all at once and all the time. My eldest son has not yet found a case that he is ready to do day and night. That is found, but we need to come to a reasonable consensus that his hobby has gained a structured form with a professional cut. He's 15 and I think that is still to come. The eldest daughter changed more than ten clubs from dancing to Zoology, before all of a sudden is rooted in acrobatics. She was 11 years old when she, completely unprepared, not stretched, came to sports, where it is assumed to start 6 years old. But in 6 years, she was a different person, she was just early.

The eighth principle — where a good coach. We got on the road takes about two and a half to three hours a day. We drive through the city and is, at times, exhausting. Of course, there is a section for a closer look. But even if suddenly our group will move further away and more inconvenient — we will continue to go because it all starts with the coach. I think if you want to be — we'll even move to another city. It is very important that children loved his coach trusted him. published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: me.yogabalancetechnology.com/?p=137

Tags

See also

New and interesting