What you see looking back?

My youngest child is now 20 so years of homeschooling for me in the past.

Looking back, I realize that almost no regrets. I know it's hard to believe, but the truth is, I have very little regrets.

My memories are sweet, even bittersweet these days because I'm still in transition, trying to adjust to life without my three children, whose lives were built around me. Now, I only hear, and then, if they don't forget to tell me!

Looking back, I'm glad we did the following:

We appreciate the uniqueness of each child. I didn't force Melissa to draw just because it was good Meg. Peter spent all his time reading books, but I didn't expect from the girls that they will like him.

We maintained a low level of stress. If something was difficult or they were not interested, we have postponed this to another day or changed the approach to the study of this topic.

We read aloud. Almost every night we spent listening to a Chapter of a book. Now together we remember these moments and realize that we have our own joint history and a common vocabulary.

We talked to each other a LOT! I was always interested in what they think and why. I also asked them to share what they are doing. When they got older, we began to discuss the news and talk about why something happened or a particular event. We appreciate the opinion and look at the situation of each of the children.

I've watched them. There is nothing supernatural. Nothing complicated. I just watched and listened. It helped me to understand what they like and how they best assimilate information.

We cherished the relationship. I wanted my children to be friends to remain friendly after becoming adults and took care of me when I get old. Ha! But the truth is, family is forever, and no training activities should not be so important to allow her to destroy the relationship.

We laughed a lot. Probably, for this you need to say thank you to Missa. She always said something funny and got into a hilarious story.

I gave them freedom. I tried not to 'hover' over them. Since we were always together, I liked to retreat into the background when we had friends, or when we were out in the fields watching the kids on the sly, as secret agent.

We spent money on the development of their talents. That's what I liked to do the least... I Hate to waste money but it was worth it. Was our life a year when I took the Missa in hockey coaching, conducting driving for an hour there and back, and the club membership has cost us a tidy sum. I told myself that the sooner a child masters a skill, the better results he can achieve, and our sacrifices will pay off.

In the case of Meg, it was sitting in the car for hours waiting for the end of rehearsals.

With Peter it was a decision to send him to a camp dedicated to cinema, in high school.
I kept a diary. Your child will never be the same now at this age. No matter how much your children now, tomorrow they are a day older. Capture the moment, preserve your memories, write down what they say, to document how they grow.

When I was a kid I saw a TV movie based on the play "Our town" by Thornton Wilder. One scene affected me.

Emily returned home from the grave to relive one day of your twelfth birthday. She was suffering, seeing how much everyone was busy:

Oh, mom, look at me one minute as though you really see me... Let's really look at each other!.. I can't. I can't do this anymore. Everything goes so fast. We don't have time to look at each other. I didn't realize... Take me back up the hill to my grave. But first, wait. Just one more minute! Another look. Goodbye, goodbye, world. Goodbye, Grover corners... Mama and Papa. Farewell, the clock ticking... and Mama's sunflowers. And the food and coffee. And new ironed dresses. And hot baths... And sleeping and waking. Oh, earth, you're too beautiful, because no one can understand you. Does one person in your life when you live it – every, every minute?”

Also interesting: Buy the soul: Parents give everything, but to gain the children

Why is it IMPORTANT to read a small child

I wanted to "really" see the small people in my life and be grateful for the simple blessing that we are together. And, looking back, I think I succeeded. published

Source: si-re-li.livejournal.com/102617.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting