The gates of Paradise and the gates of hell

When you are mindful — you are in Paradise. Become vigilant, Wake up, become aware! And it will happen to you.

Zen Master Hakuin is one of the few flowering. Once came a warrior, a samurai, a great soldier, and asked:

— Is there a hell? Is there a heaven? If there is a heaven and hell, where is the gate? Where can I come in?

This man was a simple soldier. Warriors are always simple, unsophisticated. He knew only two things: life and death. He had no philosophy, he just wanted to know where the gate to escape hell and go to heaven. And Hakuin answered so that the warrior could understand.

— Who are you? asked Hakuin.

— I am a samurai, ' replied the warrior.

It is a very honorable thing to be a samurai in Japan. It means being a perfect warrior who never ponders whether to leave your life. He said: "I am a samurai, the leader of the samurai. The Emperor himself paid tribute to me." Hakuin laughed and replied:

— You a samurai? You look like some poor beggar.

Samurai pride was hurt. He forgot why he had come. He instantly drew his sword and was about to kill Hakuin. Hakuin laughed and said:

— This is the Gates of Hell. With the sword in wrath, with his ego — you will discover them.

A warrior could understand. The samurai immediately understood. He put the sword back in the sheath, and Hakuin said:

— And here open the Gates of Heaven.

Heaven and hell are in you. And gates you.

You are the author of what is happening with you

Not to stop desiring! Under any circumstances

If you're not conscious — is the gates of hell. If you're alert and aware — and this is the gate of heaven. The mind is heaven, mind is hell, and the mind is the means to be different. But people continue to think that everything is somewhere outside them. Heaven and hell are not at the end of life, they are here and now. The door is always open. At any moment you choose between heaven and hell.published

The parable in the presentation of Osho

Source: pritchi.ru/id_316

Tags

See also

New and interesting