Volkswagen to show electric van I. D. in Detroit

Volkswagen has released a few teaser images of a new version of its electric van, the debut of which will take place at the American auto show in Detroit next month (if not earlier at CES). As reported by the manufacturer, the electric car will be built on the platform of the MEB, and at its heart will be laid in the design of the concept car Budd-e, presented exactly a year ago at the electronics show in Las Vegas.

Detailed characteristics of the future electric cars VW, of course, is not reported, however, modular platform MEB, the parameters of which have been voiced earlier, something could tell. So, the cars on its basis are equipped with a battery capacity of 101 kWh and receive the cruising range of 600 km In their movement leads to two electric motors on the front and rear axles. Also on such machines, you can install the steering wheel, which is unmanned removed behind the instrument panel. For the function of pilot cars equipped with laser scanners, ultrasonic and radar sensors, allowing them to identify other road users and infrastructure.

Volkswagen calls the prototype "new model of a family I. D. – multifunctional vehicle of a new era". Recall that a concept electric car VW I. D. was presented at the Paris motor show in 2016. This is a fully connected car with 100% autopilot. Its propulsion system consists of two electric motors with a total capacity of 170 horsepower, the autonomy of electric cars is still the same 600 km.

The company intends to use future vehicles of the family for ridderikhoff services. Planned to market the first electric cars of the line I. D. is scheduled for 2020. published

Source: ecotechnica.com.ua/transport/1868-volkswagen-pokazhet-elektricheskij-mikroavtobus-i-d-v-detrojte.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting