Hand washing: the psychological aspect

Since childhood we have mastered the elementary rules of personal hygiene, including hand washing. Despite existing drugs, high level of medicine — a simple hand washing plays an important role in protecting the body from intrusion of harmful microorganisms or chemical substances.

However, let's look at the psychological aspect of this action.

And then more interesting...

A scientist from the University of Michigan spike Lee (Spike Lee) with colleagues in the study found that regular hand washing helps people to tune in to the right, from a moral point of view, the behavior after the Commission of immoral acts.

How not to recall here the expression "I wash my hands", which is inseparably connected with gospel legend that says that Pontius Pilate having given the penalty the crowd of Jesus Christ, he washed his hands said, "I was guilty for the blood of the righteous...".

Some psychologists claim that washing your hands gives spirit of optimism, while others say that washing your hands gives confidence, others casually mention that hand washing is cleansed conscience like hands free of dirt.

Physicists whisper in my ear saying all the matter in the electric potential that is released or leaves from us in a moment of washing hands. Whether this is true whether physics joke?

After the other scientists connect biographers, and in his books, they write: "President Roosevelt at the time of discussion of the need to make important decisions more often washing your hands".

Although the previous two paragraph are somewhat ironic, ironic they are in form but not in content. Indeed, perhaps washing your hands is not so easy as it seems. It's no wonder since ancient times in many magical doctrines and occult practices of cleaning (washing) of hands had a special significance. Still my grandmother's tricks, witches and psychics in the time of their rite give to such a simple action special magical significance.

... and scarier

In some cases, continuous (very frequent) desire to wash your hands becomes an obsession, and not necessarily the person is afraid of something to get infected, the causes may be purely psychological (causeless doubts, uncontrollable anger) sometimes it occurs as a symptom of psihicheskogo disorders characterized by obsessive called obsessive-compulsive disorder.

And handwashing here is how one of the signs, of which there are many, for example: constant repetition of phrases, picking up unnecessary things, the constant checking off of the gas (water, electricity, etc.). But this is extreme.

That's what leads mistake that almost ALL IPhone ownersAdvice of wise elders: what not to say

From myself I can add yet one thing: washing your hands, along with a deep breath, at the moment psychologically unbalanced condition may be psychological first aid. published

Author: Nikolay Ponomarev

Source: 4brain.ru/blog/%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%B9%D1%82%D0%B5-%D1%80%D1%83%D0%BA%D0%B8-%D0%BD%D0%B5-%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BA%D0%BE-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B4-%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%B9/

Tags

See also

New and interesting