Liz Burbo: WHAT lies behind stubbornness

Not always easy to recognize the difference between these two concepts...

It often happens that a stubborn person declares itself as about the person persistent, and proud of it. On the other hand, there are people who, not retreating, followed by their purpose and wonder, whether to treat a stubborn or persistent?

Because our ego is very difficult to distinguish between stubbornness and persistence, here are their definitions.

PERSISTENCE is the quality or action, which is the determination and hardness in his decision, taken in the intention. It demonstrates the persistence, determination to achieve goals. It's the human condition, which, despite obstacles, continues to work and take action to achieve the goal.

STUBBORNNESS is present in a person who is energetically bound to its way of thinking, to their beliefs. Such a person always remains self-righteous.

At most, what distinguishes these two ways of behavior is fear.

• Persistent person does not feel fear. He insists from the love of himself, seeking to achieve.
  • Hard man wants to be right, feeling fear for something.

When the two argue on any occasion, a stubborn man will not leave the dispute, while his opponent does not recognize his innocence, while persistent person gives his opinion and explains why it differs from the views of another person. In the result he dismissed the situation, saying they just have a different view, and none of them are any better or worse.

If you are a long time followed by the target, and wonder not stubborn if you take the time to think whether you are afraid of something. It is important for you to know, because if you are guided by fear, you make the wrong decisions.

I went through a similar experience a few years ago, when he bought the hotel to make it a huge center. I was very proud when he said that "the CENTER "LISTEN to YOUR BODY" was the largest in Quebec. But after a few years they found it difficult to manage. Since I traveled extensively in countries where I sold my books.

At first I was motivated to persevere. I was pleased with the idea that our school will be located in this place. My accountant tried to convince myself that we will be able to cope with any surprises, but we do not assume that I have to travel.

When the center became harder and harder to manage, I thought about its possible closure. And I was stubborn, more than a year. Since I am a persistent person by nature, I resisted, believing his perseverance.

And on the day when I think about why I'm afraid to close the center, I got the answer. I was afraid of what people think that they will accuse me of weakness that I was a good example, and all the ensuing consequences for "LISTEN to YOUR BODY".

If you want to show love to yourself, take the time to check for is whether fear for your persistence. Of course in the beginning your ego will rest as it does not want to accept the fact that you are acting out of fear. It wants to convince you that you are always right.

Be aware that the only moments when we are right, this is when we listen to their heart. Indeed, in such moments, we are focused on ourselves, we are in the light and instinctively we know in which direction to move.

When I ventured to close the center in the next year I had to overcome many obstacles, but eventually I realized that these changes were favorable to "LISTEN to YOUR BODY" and for me, because I made the right decision.

In many cases, the intellectuals are very proud of their knowledge and they should be particularly attentive to the distinction between stubbornness and persistence. Very quickly conquer their ego, when other people put their knowledge into question. Do not be afraid to seem ignorant or stupid if you have to admit that other people's opinion also has a right to exist as yours. So it is possible to improve relations with other people. In fact, stubborn people often discourages other people to communicate with him, because they feel they do not have the right to have a different point of view.

Also interesting: Liz Burbo: How the concept of NEED manages Your life

Liz Burbo: Replace the word "problem" with the word "experience"

So, you decide whether to treat a stubborn or persistent. Ask your loved ones how they think? In any case, stay persistent and avoid obstinacy! published

Author: Liz Burbo, translation Ia Zaitsev

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: listentoyourbody-kiev.com/articles/152-lise-bourbeau-stubbornness-or-perseverance

Tags

See also

New and interesting