Peles Castle

In a marvelous and unique place in the Carpathian mountains with thick pine forests perfectly blended Peles castle. The exhaust gas is near the town of Sinaia, Romania. The castle was built by king of Romania Carol I. the King was amazed at the unprecedented beauty of the mountain, respectively, bought surrounding land, and began construction of a castle for summer recreation and hunting.

The castle received the name in honor of the mountain stream that flowed near the structure. In 1873 was organized a Grand building, the architect was Johannes Schultz. The castle was built in the complex with other necessary buildings, such as houses for protection and hunting and power. The construction was completed in 1914. Externally, the castle is harmoniously blended into the surrounding landscape, as it was built, pointed peak tower, decorated with magnificent wooden carvings. Feature of the lock system with sliding stained glass ceiling that controlled the ventilation in the lock, the air conditioning works fine to this day.

The castle has 168 rooms and 30 bathrooms. There prevails a truly Royal luxury absolutely everything. Each room is characterized by its uniqueness and design originality. Wealth of carpets from the East that impresses the imagination. The castle is surrounded by a Park ensemble, consisting of beautiful fountains, unique work of stairs and lions on them, seven beautiful luxury terraces and the Italian garden.

The main entrance of the castle is decorated with the statue of Carol I. the castle was born the son and heir of Carol I –Carol II. Carol I bequeathed to my son the whole castle, together with the outbuildings and surrounding area. Doing the will of his father, Carol II turned the castle into a Museum, but it remained a Royal possession. In 1940 the owner of the castle is Michael I (son of Carol II). In 1947, Michael I was overthrown, the castle was confiscated and soon became the property of the country, in this marvelous way not looted.

Source: /users/117

Tags

See also

New and interesting