The first colored corn grown in the United States

Corn "Glass Gem" gives a huge variety of translucent ears the most extraordinary colors. And each one is unique.
It's kind of flinty corn, and grain grinding to obtain grains and make it into popcorn. Unlike sweet corn, do not eat it in the form of grains. But her extraordinary beauty of the rainbow makes it one of the newest tools to create works of decorative art. Carl Barnes commented: "In 2005 I met Jose Lucero in Santa Clara Pueblo, North of Santa Fe. We became friends and I agreed to grow the rainbow corn on his land... From 2005 to 2007, we collected multiple harvests from a variety of cobs of maize..."

His friend, Shoen advised to implement colored corn for everyone.
The seeds travelled to Kenya, Mexico, Israel and India. Loan wants as many people as possible aware of this rainbow miracle.

In 2009, Seen and gave myself a lot of these grains in a non-profit research organization Native Seeds in Tucson, Arizona. Now these sell grain and there. Corn Glаss Gеm is one of the almost 2000 unique and rare types of maize in the seed Bank company Nаtive Sеeds.

This organization conserves, distributes and documents the many types of agricultural crops and their wild relatives.

Source: /users/413

Tags

See also

New and interesting