Cheese “Ricotta cheese” out of macadamia nuts.

So funny, our local store began to sell crackers, made in Russia. Of course, I didn't, I bought a little package of rye bread, where Russian letters was written the word “crackers” :). Very tasty it turned out. And for them we have prepared a very delicate nutty cheese. The cheese reminded me of the texture of ricotta, this light and very mild taste. I still love to vegetable salads to add from the out of the ordinary dish turns into something exquisite. To prepare this cheese is not difficult. I remember when I first started preparing raw cheese to master this process seemed convoluted. But now I understand that there is nothing complicated there, the more time the cheese is cooked by itself. How? Tell.

Before to describe the manual preparation of nut cheese, I want to note that essential ingredient in that are probiotics (probiotics). I had a bad experience experimenting with probiotics, which I bought in online shops: no use of them. From now on I only buy probiotics at a pharmacy store in the fridge. Only in such cool conditions the beneficial bacteria survive. Very convenient to buy probiotics in capsules: these easy to make, and if there is anything to cook, kapsulka you can also easily access and use. In General, in capsules or in powder form, does not matter. And, of course, choose, if possible, “non-dairy or dairy-free” probiotics, that is, non-dairy origin. Think about the benefits of probiotics you already know me. I want to tell you how to use them for making raw cheese. It is because of the wonderful action of probiotics that are cultured and ferment in a nut mass, the latter and becomes soft and “fluffy” structure “cheese”.

Ingredients (stage 1):

1 Cup macadamia nuts.
1 Cup water
1 capsule (1/2 tsp) of probiotics

Soak the nuts in water for 3-4 hours, rinse with clean water, add to the blender. Mix in high speed blender nuts with 1 Cup of water and probiotics. You should get a uniform creamy mass without pieces. In a colander place cheesecloth, folded in 3-4 times, and pour the walnut ground, covering it with the remaining ends of the gauze. Put it in a Cup in order to drain unwanted fluid. Use a small and not very heavy weight to help excess water to drain (do not overdo it, needs to drain only the water, not nut weight). Leave for 24 hours to the cultivation process.

Ingredients (stage 2):

2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
juice ½ lime (or 2-3 tbsp lemon juice)
pink Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste
a little onions-chives (chives) (for decoration)
olive oil (optional)

After 24 hours put the floor

studied cheese in a bowl, add the nutritional yeast flakes, lime juice, salt and pepper, mix well. Chop a little onion, and if you want, you can pour vegetable oil to the restaurant :). Nut cheese is ready.

(I used a round mold to make the cheese turned out the same forms as in the picture. Also, if you really want to impress your friends, you can keep the cheese in a dehydrator at low temperature for 24 hours, then your cheese will have a beautiful yellow crust. I once did, but lately something lazy, rather, I'm white like cheese even more.)

Enjoy!!!

Source: thinkingcreature.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting