Battle between lions and Buffalo in Botswana

A herd of Buffalo gave a real fight back the hungry lion's pride when he decided to attack one of the stray adults young. Little Buffalo calf miraculously managed to escape from the sharp fangs of a predator.

Photo: Ben Cranke / Okavango Swamps of Botswana, southern Africa

This dramatic scene managed to capture British wildlife photographer Ben Krenke (Ben Cranke) in the swamps, Okavango in Botswana (Okavango Swamps of Botswana) in southern Africa. The Englishman came from London to this region to film the local wildlife.

— I came to Botswana on Safari, to photograph the wildlife of South Africa and its inhabitants, but I did not expect to see such tragic events, says 49-year-old photographer. – The air was literally electrified, and my heart sank — says Ben.

Hungry lionesses gathered around one of the small buytolet and were ready to tear him to pieces, when in their direction rushed by an angry mother of a calf, but it was not immediately able to recapture, says Mr. Crank.

But the lioness was not going to back down, though, and understood how dangerous it can be for them is confrontation. Predators were hungry and fought until the end for their prey. Fully aware of what is happening, I still was on the side of the little Buffalo. I really wanted him to stay alive.

All this confrontation occurred in the bolts of Botswana. The spray of dirt flew from side to side! The picture was impressive. Mother calf in desperation, rushed to the lionesses that had almost knocked her baby. She managed to divert their attention, and the Buffalo ran away.

— I was surprised by how fast for your age can be a baby Buffalo. He probably spent all his strength to break away from the hungry lionesses, but if not for his mother and the other Buffalo, who came to his aid, his days would be numbered, says Ben Crank correspondents to The Daily Mail.

When it was over, and the buffaloes drove the last lion, I felt incredible relief and joy over this baby, — confessed to the photographer. – A brave mother and her calf headed towards the herd, where they could feel completely safe...

Source: zoopicture.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting