Dnipropetrovsk student proposed to use wave energy to desalinate water

Student of Chemical ecological Lyceum won with his invention in the competition "Intel Eco-Ukraine 2014" and further, submit it in the final of this international competition, which will be held in Los Angeles.

In the opinion of the young inventor, it would be very useful to the inhabitants of the Islands and peninsulas where there is acute problem of drinking water.

"You can desalinate salt water using sources that use gasoline, diesel fuel, coal. But they need to constantly buy, and it is not profitable. In my opinion, the most efficient in this case to use renewable energy, namely wave energy. The island is a large tourist business, respectively, in need of water and energy. I am offering these Islands to install the equipment developed by me. Spending on it will be $300 thousand, including logistics. But after a maximum of a year and a half, the installation will pay for itself", — said Mikhail.

Based on the student took the experience of using wave energy in Austria, but have eliminated disadvantages. Thus, the proposed model has lower wearability and does not pollute the environment. In the United States for the contest Mikhail Litovchenko hopes to find investors for implementation of their ideas.

Source: greenevolution.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting