How not to feed the baby

At first I thought to name this article "How to feed my daughter in 3 years to 30 she had problems with excess weight." But he changed his mind...

Because that would be discrimination against boys. Those unfortunate boys who also force adults to eat.

Food is a natural need of the body. Hunger and thirst are the primary instincts of self-preservation. Try to forget to feed the baby. He will inform you about hunger with a loud cry and will not rest until it is fed. Baby knows best when and how much he should eat.

It's amazing how desperate supporter of feeding on demand to Golovatiy of children have become traditional ugovarivali "a spoon for mom, spoon for dad, a spoon for aunt twice removed". And after a couple of years there comes a time ultimatum: "Until you eat from the table will not work!" (Options: "do Not include cartoon", "do Not give candy", "get a toy")

Natural appetite? No, never heard...

Was in my life for a short period of work the consultant at the center for weight loss. There I worked with people whose excess weight was not a consequence of severe disease. Relatively healthy (relatively because with the extra pounds to come to them, shortness of breath, hypertension, varicose veins, and T. L.) plump women complained about childbirth, age, heredity. And very hard, with the resistance, which had to break a psychotherapist, took the fact that actually a cause of obesity is improper eating behavior, dietary habits, including lessons in childhood.

When you go to different manipulations to feed a portion of something child think about his future. Not whether you make a mistake?

The Story Of Marina

The grandmother said that food should not be thrown away. Grandma rejoiced and praised, when the Marina was finished and cleaned up the plate with a piece of bread. My grandmother often read the story of "the Society of clean plates". Grandma said, "Good children always eat everything put on a plate" my Grandmother taught that you should eat with Supplement, to the owners was a pleasure. Marina really wanted to be a good girl, wanted to be praised, wanted grandma and other people were nice... Marina grew up, got married, had two children, fed the family lunch and dinner. Still believed that the plates after a meal should remain blank. And never throw away food. Good girl Marina could not impose on her husband and children rules. But abandon them I could not. So always eat everything left on the plates my husband and children. Systematic overeating led to weight gain.

The Story Of Natalia

In her childhood there was a rule: "Eat what is put on a plate and you get candy." Over the years has developed the need any meal to finish dessert. Otherwise, she did not feel satiety and satisfaction. Every day for at least four candies. On the other hand, when I just wanted a sweet, well-behaved inner child is reminded that he needs to eat something not sweet. And, even in the absence of hunger, she ate the soup or porridge to afford to eat candy...

The Story Of Irina

The kindergarten teacher was saying threateningly: "Until you eat from the table will not work!" And even threatened to pour the soup over the collar, whoever this soup malnourished. Irina believed that this is what the teacher will do. One time she even hid in the pocket of the hated fish, and then on the walk buried it in the ground in the area behind the porch. The second time, this trick is unable to rotate. The teacher noticed, loud cursing, and questioning of the cutlet crook in front of the whole group. Irina grew up, but remained some kind of subconscious fear that we must eat everything that's on the plate, even through the "do not want"

The Story Of Mary

Skinny Masha in all ways mom tried to feed. Mom ran over Mary with a spoon in the apartment, persuaded, enticed, telling tales. And then in the house there was a VCR and videocassettes with cartoons. It was my mother's salvation. Mom began to feed waving in front of the TV. Masha watching cartoon, she willingly opened her mouth and chewed. Mary loved cartoons and tried a long time to chew. Because I knew that as soon as she stops eating, mom turned off the cartoon. The adult Mary left the habit of eating in front of the TV. Or reading. Or at the computer. Or at least in the company in a lively conversation. Definitely something needs to happen in parallel with food intake. And when something happens in parallel, the concentration of attention is not on eating, contact with human body broken, and very easy to miss the point of saturation, overeating. On the other hand, when Maria was just watching the TV, it was constantly reaching for something to chew on...

The Story Of Svetlana

In childhood she was not force-fed, didn't encourage sweet, not entertained by television while eating. But the problem with obesity in adulthood she still appeared. Because it is constantly attracted to "tasty". When little she fell and was hurt, she said, "don't cry, sweetie!" When she was led to the vaccine, they told her will hurt a little, but then she gets a chocolate. Once in the Park, her seven-year-old, was not allowed on the ride because there was age limit "aged 12 years", dad said, "don't worry, but we'll alopesia ice cream" When she cried because of bad marks in the exam, mother was stroking her back and asked: "Daughter, what do you cook?" In adult life Svetlana stress and grief became much more. But she had formed in childhood behavioral stereotype: when you are sad, painful, sad, lonely – need to eat something delicious. Seizing stress, Svetlana gained the extra 40 kg.

All of these examples share one thing: eating is not hunger and cease eating does not signal the onset of satiety. Constantly persuading, forcing the child to eat one more spoonful "don't want", to eat up to the end, we are violating the natural contact with the body. The child ceases to feel he ate or starved. In adulthood begins to focus on internal signals from the body (want to eat), and on external factors (time for lunch).

"And how could it not make? He's got all day, nothing will!" Of course not. If it previously was constantly forced to eat, and then suddenly left alone, some time the child will enjoy the right not to eat anything and defiantly push back the plate. But then the survival instinct will prevail over the ambitions. It is important that at the same time you don't have cookies, candy and other sweets. Otherwise, child will only eat them.

If next time my mom want to "Supplement" the child, you should slow down and think: "What compels me to do so?":

Stereotypes from the past? Your position: you should eat everything that is put on the plate. Please do not re-pot into baby cockroaches.

-Fear that the baby will starve? Believe me, the child himself is not the enemy, he still has contact with the body are not broken. Eat when you're hungry.

-A desire that the child gained weight? What with the fact that he's the worst in the group, if the child is healthy, active and happy life.

— Sorry the products? Sorry for the effort spent on preparation? "I tried to cook, and he does not eat" arguably the best of the child. Violence food – not the best form of manifestation of parental care.

And a couple of small observations. The appetite of the child will be better if you bring it to the cooking process. After all, this is the dish that he himself had prepared! (mother only slightly helped).

Author: Anna Bykova, psychologist

Source: eco-mir.org/ru/node/3603

Tags

See also

New and interesting