How to make decisions in less than 60 seconds

Mr. Steve Peacock, a great master of lucid transformations and iron self-discipline teaches decision-making in less than 60 seconds.

Often we are faced with difficult decisions that involve one or two unknowns. We can't know in advance what the consequences of our every choice. This is especially true of big decisions like quitting your job, entrance or exit from the relationship or moving to another city.

When you are faced with this decision, what are you doing? When you are unable to calculate the consequences, that you can find better than speculation and assumptions?

Normal human behavior in such situations is freeze. Even if you don't like the current state of things, you may worry that the alternatives are even worse. Each decision involves a choice between maintaining the status quo and committing to change. When we can't be sure that change will bring improvement, we default to stop.

Let me give you a very simple method to make decisions of this kind. In most cases, you will need no more than 60 seconds to assess any possible way.

For each alternative you're considering, ask yourself "is This really me?"

You're asking yourself here is whether each destination is a true expression of who you really are. What percent of each option reflects your true self?

Decisions are actions of self-expression

When we look at the elections as something more than just paths – as a creative statement of its expression – it is easier for us to make certain choices. You can say to yourself, "This path will not be easy, but I know he's right for me, as it reflects who I am." Or you can say "No matter how much I try to prove it to myself, I know deep inside, that this does not reflect my essence. It's just not me."

It is very important to separate this evaluation step from the set of masculinity to act upon it. It's okay to admit that you are where want to be, even if you now not have the ability to do something about it right now. Courage for action will come later.

Here are several options where you can apply this method:

• This work reflects who I am?
  • This company really reflects who I am?
  • To be a salaried worker (or entrepreneur or investor or a business owner) reflects my truth?
  • These relationships reflect who I am?
  • This city is really I?
  • This house is really I?
  • This book I'm reading now – really, I?
  • This friend is actually me?
  • It's a hobby – I really?
  • This shirt/ dress/ suit/ tie is really me?
  • This car is really me?
  • This is really me?
  • This habit is really me?
  • It is a spiritual or religious belief – really I?
  • This physical fitness is really me?
Please note that you can apply "is this really me?" for making large and small decisions. You can use it every day, even when you decide which vegetables you buy today.

Sound aloud

If you find it difficult to decide whether this solution is the real you, just say some of his characteristics out loud. Verbalize them outside.

For example, when you are thinking about changing jobs, describe a new place you're considering. It is safe or full of risks? It is monotonous or varied? There's a lot of communication or intimacy?

Now check which of these adjectives can best describe you as a person? Are you cautious or adventurous? You like diversity, or stability? You are sociable or quiet? This work is you?

Sometimes it may seem silly, but I am sure that you will get more insights, if you take it with humor and just do it.

Do the same with respect to their relations. I can teach you what kind of people most suitable for you. If a real relationship some strain, this process will show you why. You will be able to see if they reflect your truth or your true reality is not in alignment with you.

Personal example –buying a table

Three weeks ago we moved into a new house and I wanted to buy a new Desk for your office. (My old table was 14 and he was so worn out that even a charity wouldn't take it. I wanted to use it for martial arts until he turns into dust). Now I wanted a high quality table that would last me for a long time instead of a table, which I bought right after College for $ 99.

I made a detailed list of requirements of what I wanted, took measurements from the space in the Cabinet and gave myself an unlimited budget. I looked at many local furniture stores and searched on the websites selling furniture online, but nothing hooked me. I started to think that maybe I should make a table, but it seemed too obtrusive. I began to despair and my new office was left without a table for a few days. I thought "This should be easily solvable problem, especially when you're not constrained by budget. I must take this more seriously than necessary."

In the end I stopped and asked myself, is there a better way to find my desired table. I didn't want to agree to something that I didn't like, but I realized that instead of looking for something that fits all my criteria from a long list of what I wanted really was a Desk that would suit me would reflect who I am.

So decided to make that decision, just looking at every possible Desk and asking myself "is This really me?" I went to a local shop and it was a completely different experience. Instead of looking for what I want, I was looking for what was me. I looked around in search of what would have happened to me in the form of a table.

Yes, I know it sounds weird. Actually, I wanted a Desk that would be a little weird. If this were not so, it would not be me. When I saw the table which would have all liked it, I realized that it's not for me.

I usually hate to shop, but this time I got pleasure from this experience. I would feel better about the process of shopping, if I had practiced this before. I looked at a very embellished and classic table and said "that's not It. I'm not a fan of jewelry and not a classic." I saw a heavy solid table that would be able to raise only Superman and said, "This is too heavy. I much easier." I looked at the cheap wooden table and said, "No. I'm more durable and strong than he."

It's like the tale of the Three Bears, isn't it?

In the end I sat at an end table that caught my eye. It was an elegant combination of glass, metal and wood. I had a familiar feeling when I set down for him, but it was strange. I didn't realize it. It definitely was not love at first sight, but was clearly a passion and I was curious.

It was a table by which I passed earlier, because visually, it didn't fit my criteria. This time when I asked "is It I?" the answer did not come as an instant Yes. I had to think about it. I described the table for yourself. I said "This Desk is clean, efficient and organized, clear, flying, smart, creative, and well built. Many will like it, but someone will find it wrong. I'm not sure whether he likes me, but he certainly attracts my attention. I will never be bored with him in the same room."

I soon realized that this would be a great table for me because he described me. After a few weeks of using it, I really loved it. It is so me.

And that was an important decision for me – I often use my Desk, so it was important for me to find a good but I made the process too complicated. Asking "is It I?" gave me a breakthrough through the difficulties and enabled me to identify my true criteria. I have considered each table helped me come to a final decision.

I again emphasize that this may seem very strange to those who never tried. So don't be those who have never tried it.

Positive reinforcement

When you make decisions using "This me?" method, you're using an idealized version of yourself for comparison. Are you in the best possible way. Are you in your dreams and goals, who you want to be.

What happens when you start to fill your life with people, places and objects that reasonably reflect your true essence? With the help of osmosis (Osmosis - a process of unilateral diffusion through a semipermeable membrane of solvent molecules in the direction of greater concentration of solute (lower concentration of solvent) you begin to get more of these qualities yourself. Just sitting at my new Desk, I feel more organized, efficient and creative. It's a constant reminder to me about what kind of person I want to be. Even if reality differs slightly from this, I daily come in contact with this positive amplifier. I don't even have to think about it.

I use this method "is it?" a lot since then. I taught him to his wife and she tells me how great it is and how she likes it. When we go to buy furniture, we look at it and ask yourself whether it reflects what we are. And we always agree. This is a great way to make sure that we're the same.

Look around you. What you can say that it is really you? And what can you change?

© Steve Pavlina

Source: luking.ru/kak-prinimat-resheniya-za-menshe-chem-60-sekund/

Tags

See also

New and interesting