Traditional methods of fighting the Colorado potato beetle

How tortured we are Colorado potato beetle, sometimes hands fall, creeping and crawling out of nowhere. The evening will shake the bushes clean, in the morning watch, and he was again visible-invisible, and even the maggots had to be postponed. Chemicals absolutely do not want to use on your site. One way out – to seek salvation in folk wisdom, Yes, but how to know whether it is true tips will help?

Too much read-re-read about the stunningly effective methods of struggle that the stage is a natural solution – to personally test their effectiveness. Moreover, do not delay it indefinitely. Solved – made.

First, we will test the methods that are used directly when boarding, and only later, if the bug still go on the attack on potatoes, will systematically test people's ways of protecting directly the stems and leaves. Today specifically for the experiment was planted on 7 hole of one potato varieties Impala, germination was also posted in one day. That is, at the start of the planting material for all wells the same. And then 3 of the 7 holes have been replanted plants that supposedly deter Colorado potato beetles.

Beans.

I chose Bush, so as not to get lost in long shoots of the winding.

Soy

Here with its seeds in our village General problem, found only the winding, you have to put prop.

Birch ash

For purity of experiment, had to go cap in hand to neighbor, he in the fall cut the branches of birch. Begged him a few twigs, ash 1 hole was enough.

Chickpeas

This infusion is on the Board of our local growers. According to them, this variety of pea has unbearable for Colorado odor. I doubt it, but still decided to check. And all of a sudden?!

Detailed photo report on the progress of the experiment will be laid out twice: during the mass by the beetle during harvest. At the same time check whether the bean growing next to the potatoes, increase its productivity.

In the remaining 3 holes of 7 so far, only a potato. I wanted to check with you that it is better to plant: I was planning nasturtium, calendula and marigold. Maybe someone knows even more disgusting to the Colorado potato beetle plants? It is desirable not only very rare, and that where I have them in the village to take, as to interplant need on Sunday.

Source: www.7dach.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting