The prototype of the Mystic mutant from the "X-Men" exists in nature

Frog, is able to take a different form, was discovered by students of the University of Case Western Reserve in the Andes mountains of South America. Found a turtle resembles a character from a sci-Fi movie "X-Men", able to copy someone else's appearance. The frog represents the species Pristimantis sobetes, has a unique feature in just a few minutes to change the texture of your skin, simulating the surface under your feet.

This species of frogs are already known to scientists, but this is the first recorded case of tailless amphibian simulates the environment. Like quality possessed transforming the mutant Mystic known for his comics of Marvel. In the movie "X-Men" mutant played by a popular actress Jennifer Lawrence.

Unusual frog found wife Catherine and Tim Krynak in the course of the visit in the nature reserve, Reserva Las Gralarias in the forests of Ecuador. When the researchers first saw this turtle, his body was the Burr-like protrusions. After the frog spent some time in the box where it was placed Catherine, the spines gone.

Then I put the frog back in the box and added the moss. Barb came back. We just could not believe my eyes – our frog changed the texture of the skin! I put the frog on a flat surface, as a result, her skin became smooth, — shared his impressions Katherine Krynak Newsweek.The researchers say that this camouflage allows the frog to blend in with the environment, making them trudnoudalimymi to the human eye. However, it remains to be seen whether they this feature to escape from predators. Scientists will continue to study this species of frogs. published

Source: hi-news.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting