The second Cup of tea or look at an old parable from a new angle

The trouble many people enthusiastically engaged in "transformation of personality" is that in order to "transform" a person, they try to abandon this identity. Didn't have these last 20-30-40 years of life, it is necessary to forget, like a bad dream, and then to a new, pure consciousness will form a new, wonderful knowledge. Often give the example that has already started to annoy me a parable about a brimming Cup. Remember?

One Professor who has studied Zen, came to the enlightened monk, so he explains to him what is Zen. “Tell me, dear, the essence of Zen” — asked the Professor. “Well, said the monk, — but let's have some tea”. Brought the monk cups, set and began to pour the Professor a Cup of tea. The Cup was filled to the brim, but the monk continued to pour. That's tea has flowed over the edge. “Hey, where are you pour, the Professor yelled, — my Cup is full!” “Your Cup is full, — said the monk, — how can I explain to you the meaning of Zen?"

No wonder this parable is very like a guru. The parable is good if it draws attention to neohodimo critical of his past experiences, but when she starts to call for a complete samouskorenie refusal traversed life's path is a direct path to bamboozle and extreme, reaching the point of absurdity, gullibility (that have guru and various teachers to "right living"). I would have deployed the parable.

"Professor, looking at the current from the Cup of tea, took out another Cup and set near. "Set' em up, monk!". "But we only have one head!" in the confusion, murmured monk, who broke the story. "The head of one, and this head I can drink from different cups, right? Here you gave me some green tea, I'm in the mug of the black brew“.

Not to cross the past life and personality, not to throw out the bowl and to expand the boundaries of experience, to include new strategies, new experiences (to get a new Cup). Otherwise we risk again and again to be a human with a single strategy all the time, being almost in its infancy (this is the "clean slate!"), with difficulty assimilating the new without having any support in the past... And becoming a dependent people. When we are going to be many cups of various drinks, we will be able to choose — depending on the mood, the weather, the companion... the opportunity a Zen monk from practi didn't want to leave the Professor. published Author: Ilya Latypov

Source: tumbalele.livejournal.com/tag/%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BF%D1%81%D0%B8%D1%85%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%87%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B5%20%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%84%D1%8B

Tags

See also

New and interesting