James Lawrence: a personal journey and struggle with yourself

39-year-old canadian James Lawrence, living in the US, has just done the unthinkable: he finished his superglossy the super marathon, which is 50 times overcame "ironmouse" the distance of many kilometers swim, ride and run in 50 States.

Started voluntarily taken by Lawrence in a test on 6 June in Hawaii and ended in Utah, where Superman lives with his family consisting of wife and five children. For almost two months, James daily, swam nearly 4 km, passing by on a Bicycle 180 km, and ran 42 km. Now on account of his several new world records, including more than 11 thousand km triatlonu distance in the shortest time.

Triathlete and champion However, this is not his first achievement listed in the Guinness Book of records. On account of Lawrence more than 40 of the official Ironman triathlon, 40 "halves" — the Half Ironman and 15 marathons. In 2012, he received the title of athlete have done for a year, the greatest number of "ironmen" — at that time there were 30 (11 countries). And a year earlier — the title of record for the number of "half ironmen" (22).

It would seem that he was the best of the best. Why did Lawrence want to take on the seemingly impossible obligation "50-50-50"? According to the athlete, not records. "It was my personal journey and struggle with yourself," he says.

And besides, it was a sporting event for charity. James asked everyone to run the last 5 km of each of his 50 races and pass the contributions to the Fund Jamie Oliver Food Foundation, which is engaged in the fight against obesity among children. "I myself have five of them, and I take care of them, explains Lawrence. And I want to help the young and give them, as well as their own four daughters and son, an example to follow". During the 50-day tests, James was able to collect for the Fund $70 thousand. Thus, in the races in different cities he was accompanied by from 10 to 2000 people — including one of his daughters, who along with my dad never missed a day. Thus, on account of 12-year continuers of a sort of "iron man" 50 times for 5 km.

What managed to make Lawrence seem impossible, but all of his heats, races and race was recorded as instruments and observers. By the way, the average time that he needed to predvolene "iranmanesh" distance was 14.5 hours. And the final stage in Utah, he overcame in just 11.5 hours, of which 4:23 left in the marathon.

The hardships of the sport One of the most remarkable details is James Lawrence, a triathlete recently. Before he set the first world record for the number of performed "ironmen" in 2012, it took only 4 years from the moment James first appeared on the "iron" distance. And, as he recalls now, then, this distance seemed almost murderous. Who would have thought that after a few years he will attempt the impossible...

However, making this impossible was not an easy walk and has already become a experienced athlete. To begin with, that for all these 50 days James could sleep for only 4-5 hours. It's so exhausting that, as recognized by the athlete, he learned to sleep... on the bike. During everyday velosipedni stages it is simply "passed out" for a few seconds, and it helped rejuvenate. However, once over that sleep on the move, he and the bike fell. Fortunately, the injury did not require a convergence of the race. "When you run or private, the body is in constant activity, and the Bicycle can be driven by inertia and shut down, explains James. — I get to do it, even when my heart rate exceeded 100 beats per minute."

The role of the team, James admits that to pass this test without the support of others he would, most likely, did not happen. First, all this time with him was his family. And secondly, a small but loyal team of professionals that helped him.

This team consisted of a coach who, in particular, controlled the diet of the athlete — Lawrence daily needed to cover the energy costs in the 7000-8000 kcal.

And two assistants who not only had James's moral and organizational support, but was engaged in his daily recovery. After all, "Ironman" every day is not just exhausting, but also erased the skin on turnina thighs and "dead" legs. "During the run I rubbed huge blisters between the toes, and the nails just went down," says Lawrence. So he could continue, assistants every day staged James rehabilitation therapy through massage and innovative devices and products from sponsors.

Does James Lawrence to stop there? Definitely not! The coming ordeal, which he intends to overcome, is the first organized triathlon competitions Iron Cowboy, Utah is scheduled for August 2016. And then we'll see! published

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: fitfixed.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting