15 mistakes of youth that can change the whole life for the worst

Mistakes people aged 20 to 30 years that can change the whole life for the worst.

It's good to be young — after any failure is easy to recover, make conclusions and redo it all over again. Nevertheless, twenty-five, you can make a wrong choice that will have long-term consequences — for example, do not start putting money aside.

Among the topics that are discussed on the popular website of questions and answers Quora, some of the rise. We chose the worst mistakes committed by people aged 20 to 30 years. These errors can affect future professional and personal life — so try to avoid them.

Sixty two million four hundred seven thousand two hundred eighty seven

1. To think that success is sufficient education and talent It's good to be smart, talented and educated, but without hard work this does not guarantee great achievements. Sylvie di Giusto, founder of Executive Image Consulting, says:

"I spent your youth in a corporate environment, and I remember how we worked nights and weekends. At this time my career was determined the shed sweat, hard work and perseverance. I realized that very rarely get to cut corners. Success is not given simply so. Never.»

2. Neglected health As we grow older, we gradually realize that to live as a student is not obtained. Meggie Sutherland Cutter writes:

"Once in 28 you will Wake up with such a hangover that will promise to drink until the morning for the rest of my life."

And the more takes place years after graduation, the more likely that the consumption of alcohol, Smoking or unhealthy eating will move from the category of acceptable behavior in the rank of dangerous habits.

Michael Weston, a Professor working in the area of communications, said that the youth should also pay attention to the condition of the psyche, because it is often psychological problems arise precisely from 20 to 30 years.

3. Not to save money According to a recent survey conducted by the financial services company Bankrate among 1 thousand people, 69% of young people aged 18 to 29 years did not have retirement savings. Retirement seems very far away, but if not start saving for it as early as possible, can later much regret.

Entrepreneur Aditya Ratnam says that you can invest a little, the main thing — consistently.

4. To think that happiness and money are one and the same Joe Choi says that a high salary and a prestigious job can certainly make us satisfied, but for real happiness I need a lot more.

If you are chasing money instead of having to do what he likes, he will inevitably come to regret.

5. Give up at the first sign of trouble The end of a serious relationship, termination of employment, the collapse of a startup — it all seems very scary when this happens for the first time.

Failure should be used as a material for self-improvement and not as an excuse next time set more simple goals. Carolyn Cho writes:

"When I woke up the next day after the dismissal, I realized that this is not the end of the world. And when I left, learned to distinguish between good and bad relationships; I realized that, and so felt but could not explain until the relationship is over."

6. Depend on other people's opinions Early in his career, it is important not to allow others to make choices for you.

Lori Greiner, known for its tough approach to investment, says every entrepreneur that you work with that never lets the opinions of others influence her decisions. She States:

"Your success will depend on how you perceive yourself: depends on what you think about others."

7. To be impatient Many people think that by 30 you definitely need to have to have a family, own apartment or house and have a career development plan for 10 years ahead. This is entirely optional. Be patient and focus on the present moment.

Kritinia Roth, founder and CEO of Matisia Consultants, says that when she was younger, I felt the need to make as soon as possible; that bothered her was counterproductive. She says:

"After 20 years I finally learned the concept of deferred compensation. At this stage it is more important to pay attention to the decisions that will determine your whole future life."

8. Trying to please everyone It is nice and convenient to maintain friendly relations with colleagues, but to please everyone is impossible. Early in his career, it seems natural to seek friendship of the chief, colleagues or clients.

In fact, it is important to realize that some of the others you just don't like to deal with it and move on. Cho says: "of Course, there will always be someone you don't like it. Sorry, I later understood that."

9. To think that any friendship forever Sutherland cutter asks: "do you think your Institute's friends will stay with you forever? For forty years most of them you can remember."

When friends live in other cities, a much better understanding of who you care about and who stands to waste time.

10. To think that moving to a new place can solve all problems Travel and life in a new country is extremely mind-expanding. To travel between 20 and 30, fine. However, Cho warns: do not think that by changing the place of residence, you will find the meaning of life.

11. To create a void Of course, good relations at work are important. But if you live in a narrow little world will start to look narrowly at the world. Think about what surrounds you. John levy, founder of a network of Influencers, says:

"The people around that affect everything: how much do you do in the gym, what clothes you wear, how much you earn, what system of values is supported. So if you want to live full of joy and achievements in life, you have to carefully build relationships with good people you respect, and without regret discard the harmful encounters."

12. To see the world in black and white Author and investor James Altucher believes that many young people suffer from perfectionism. For example, some believe that have to choose between career for personal success and benefiting society, not realizing that personal interest and public value do not necessarily contradict each other.

13. Look for their "soul mate» A perfect relationship does not happen, they need work. Some of us to 30 years most of the time remain single, others are in search of a potential husband or wife. If you are from the second, there is always the danger to get lost in their fantasies and dreams, and decide: "now I'll find a man with whom everything goes perfectly and naturally". Real long-term relationship is always work.

Mites Jane writes: "This is a permanent sacrifice, compromise, acceptance of others' shortcomings and an explanation of the reasons for their actions. But it is also fun!»

14. Trying to plan for years to come Cho says: "it is Difficult to predict what will happen in a few years and where you will work".

So come on to make plans for the next five years and focus on current tasks.

15. To think anyone, except you, has it easy Sartak Pranit writes: "In youth, it may seem that friends can better cope with career and more confident in myself."

But regardless of income, job or life situation, every young man has much to learn about life — this process does not end until our last breath. published 

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! © Join us at Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: insider.pro/EN/article/47229/

Tags

See also

New and interesting