Archpriest Alexy Uminsky: what is sent alone

We continue to publish the authoritative answers of the clergy to the question which excited so many readers. Recall that a woman asked to help her find a way to accept the cross of loneliness.

Responsible Archpriest Alexei Uminsky, rector of the Church of the Holy Trinity in Khokhlov (Moscow):

A person can ask the same question: "Why is this happening to me?" in a completely different, opposite cases. One thing any household, current trouble, annoyance at yourself, the inability to cope with basic things. More global, serious, existential issues such as loneliness, loss of a loved one.

That is one thing when a heel broke, when the woman was in a hurry for a meeting with the boss, was late and lost great jobs. Then, too, asks the question: "Why me?" To answer pointless and silly because... it's pointless and stupid. But can not ignore serious issues such as the question of the reader, who really wants to have a family, committed to marriage, kept chastity, living among good and kind people and that is not deprived, in General, nothing, in comparison with others. But something is not glued. What's wrong with her and why? She needs to accept the will of God? Is this generally the will of God?

Here comes another question – whether there is the will of God to suffering, to loneliness, to something else that brings a person pain? And that's the crucial question.

I don't think God's will is that people suffered. There is no will of God to little children died from the disease. There is no will of God that the people were left alone and suffered from it, because the Lord Himself said, "it is not Good that man should be alone" (Gen. 2:18)

There is no will of God that the people were disabled. There is no will of God to the people were unhappy that people born in incomplete families. And that children were suffering because their parents don't like. So you can not put the question of "How to accept God's will"? If so the question will be put, then do not be surprised when we will be asking people: "Why do you have such a strange belief?".

If we assume that the will of God is to some a negative, tragic phenomenon, we should reply: "Everything happens because it is the will of God." And as blasphemous as it sounds, that is the will of God to the death of babies, to cancer, to the brutal murder of innocent people, war, lies, deceit, betrayal, treason, crimes. There can't be God's will?!

To change the picture of the world...

Remember the gospel story of the healing of a blind man about whom the disciples asked the Lord: "Rabbi! Who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?". Jesus answered, "neither this man sinned, neither he nor his parents, but that is to be made manifest in him the works of God" (Jn. 9: 1-3).

The Lord comes to him to heal. But the Lord does not come to heal one particular blind and not in order to heal all the blind people in the world. And in order to change the picture of the world. To do blindness, deafness, muteness, and everything else ceased to be law, a norm of this world.

The Lord takes upon himself the sins of the world on the Cross redeems the world by His own blood, rises and gives to the world Eternal Life, where there is neither sickness, nor sorrow, nor sighing, but only the great bliss of being in the fullness, beauty, happiness and love.

The people do not stop after the resurrection of Christ to be born with the disease, they have not ceased to quarrel, kill each other. But people can stop doing this if going to be the finally Christians. And generally, when people become Christians (real, not nominal), changing life.

Maybe not changing their outer shell, people do not cease to be human beings with all the consequences of human life. But the person who truly connected with God is changing greatly. Internally it ceases to be blind, deaf, dumb, because they come back to life. While physical life remains the same. Maybe the severity of this life for Christians physically worse. But inwardly, the Christian is day by day updated. As the Apostle Paul says, – if the old decaying, internally it's updated.

No more questions will be

When the man was in a difficult situation, or when he had something extraordinary in his life, he was able to feel the presence of God, feel that God is with him, next, he questions God no longer sets. Asks why this happened to him.

It so happened that in the last few years I often have to deal with children, cancer patients in severe stage. Many during this time has expired to God.

I talk to them about the Kingdom of heaven, about whether they feel the presence of God in their lives. And for me, always a miracle, a discovery, when I from this, still very young, but most of these Christians hear that they feel the presence of God very clearly, very close. When they are able, for example, in situations where they have to endure pain, fight, and try not to show this pain to his parents. And importantly, these children (this is not a personal discovery of the mystery of confession), I confess in the confessional that they did not have enough strength to endure the pain of parents seeing their suffering suffer themselves. I understand that they are with God very close.

Of course, the situations are different. There are children who are 16-17 years old, they are in a very severe depression from happening. They cannot end much to take, but I try. Try realizing that the hour of death is near. Try and their parents.

If the person is not a doctor, not a priest, not a parent, it is hard to be around more than a few minutes, seeing such a suffering little man.I recently say one mother: "be brave" And she answers me with a smile: "Yes you are, I long ago adopted". And you can see such a world, peace in her soul what her God is near. Despite the fact that it is a tragedy for the child is in his stage of the disease just scary looking stranger.

There is suffering God's will?No.Is it possible to accept it as the will of God?No.Can you accept God in your life?Yes.How to do it?I do not know.How do these people?I can't say.I have no method, magic formula, recipe. It is very important if the person will be able in a situation of grief, misunderstanding of God, in a situation when life seems absolutely meaningless to him and useless to think: "I with God to get to know, like me God take me to receive from Him the Light that he, enlightened, freed me from this issue." Because this issue cannot be resolved. No answer for him. And if he ask constantly, the answer is still no, but it will be a permanent state of sadness, heartbreaking state of irresponsibility. But it is possible to remove this issue from your life.

The world in which we live, it's all garbled, it's all a minefield as the battlefield. Where I can find something, some kind of oasis where you can sit until doomsday? Yes there is no place on Earth.

And here is very important for me the words of Kierkegaard that if a person belongs to God as Power, as Mind, as a Miracle such that all the time to navigate, then the person somehow have all the time to try to understand God: why, why are the commercials going on. Not to make a mistake in front of such Powerful, Intelligent, Sverhspravedlivogo and so Right with God. But if "God is Love" (1Jn. 4:16), it is not scary It is not to understand. You just have to learn this Love to feel, to know this Love closer, to really deeply touched people's hearts. Because if she touches the heart, then, first, people, then the gospel starts to relate to their religious life, to himself. And, of course, God starts to treat.

And then Kierkegaard says that if God is Love always, everywhere and in everything, then there is no God.

So a person must decide to accept God into your heart.

Folk

The idea that God sends some tests those whom He loves is like a folklore, like sayings-rhymes. It seems that there is no cross, God sends us tests.

Excuse me, the gospel is what?!

How can we say such nonsense that the cross does not happen?

Yes, the cross is always daunting. Is not feasible of the cross.

But these words: "whosoever will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me" (MK. 8: 34) is it?

Forces the man to hear such words?

It is something can be myself, not letting God in your life?

If so, then maybe there's some other "gospel" which everyone can do. There is such adapted in the minds of men "gospel" where Christianity and national ideas are pretty much one and the same; where our national traditions and traditions of centuries and life in Christ is one and the same. Yes, if this "gospel", it is quite capable. The "gospel" traditions, "gospel" ordinances, "the gospel" Imperial sovereign consciousness, the "gospel" of anything. Only Christ in His gospel nor the name of tradition, national ideas did not say anything.

When everything is correct

Often one thinks, "I'm doing everything right, why in the end it's happening to me?"

But our life does not depend on what we are doing right or what we're doing wrong.

It was nice to read the old Testament, where it says that if you do so, so that you have all going to be okay, and if we transgress the commandments, it will be very bad.

Yes, in the categories of old Testament justice similar establishment, so to speak, the rules of the road, of course, works. Go left – it will lose, will go right – you will lose it. Better go straight. Hard, but, at least, correctly. "Look, do as he commanded you the Lord your God; turn not to the right nor to the left; walk in all the ways which he commanded you the Lord your God, that ye may live, and it was good for you, and spent a lot of time on the land which will get a possession" (Deuteronomy 5:32-33).

But what's so bad and wrong did the apostles that each of them executed with the terrible, terrible torture that their during the whole of Apostolic life unceasingly, stoned, humiliated and imprisoned, persecuted? Why didn't they have a normal family life? Why didn't they have good apartments, villas in the vicinity of the center of Moscow, good machine, works, salaries, pensions and respect of the population?

I repeat, what did they do wrong? Who will be able to answer this question, perhaps the answer to what is right or wrong he does.

As for the main question which we are discussing: "Why is this happening in my life?" – again, no answer for him.

There is only one way – this issue off the agenda. Remove it only when people are very close to God. published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! © Join us at Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: www.pravmir.ru/protoierey-aleksiy-uminskiy-za-chto-posyilaetsya-odinochestvo/

Tags

See also

New and interesting