Railway children: How the founder of Tesla Elon Musk is raising their sons

A new approach to education From Elon musk and his ex-wife Justine's five sons — 11-year-old twins and nine triplets. The billionaire said that intelligent and educated people should have as many children as possible, because they are like themselves: "So we're not going to work for the benefit theocratic, and unenlightened future." Now the main task of the Mask is to give good education to their children. The Musk was born and raised in South Africa, to a wealthy family with American roots. At school he did not go well: he was the youngest in a class are often left to itself, solving any problem, and loved the sport. Friends Mask almost was not, he was often hurt. After one beating Ilona even had to repair a broken nose. It is not easy, the future billionaire had house — after his parents divorced Musk has remained with the father, possessing bad character. "He was very good at making life miserable. He could any situation, no matter how it was good or bad, to make things worse," — says Musk. He and his wife (the couple broke up in 2008) for a long time did not allow the children to communicate with Santa, can destroy the joy in any situation.

All of these factors impact on how Musk decided to raise their children. His sons studied in Murmanskoi school for gifted children in Los Angeles, to do where, only after passing a special IQ test. However, even in this prestigious institution, from the point of view of the Mask, were trained incorrectly. After failing to find a school that meets all his demands, he opened his own in southern California and called it Ad Astra (lat. — "to the stars"). In this school, while studying a total of 14 people, all of them children of employees of SpaceX. In September, the class is expected to grow to 20 students. We tell what principles in the upbringing of children is guided by the Musk.

To be taught like a child "My sons can't wait to end a break, to go to school. I think this is a good sign. For me school was torture," says Musk. Ad Astra is taught by only three teachers, including the teacher from the old school sons of the entrepreneur. There are no traditional division in classes, and teach children not "arbitrarily" made up the program, and in real time, based on what the child is interested in at the moment. "Someone who likes math, someone languages, someone music. Much more logical to associate training programme that attracts a child in that moment, when he learns, not to make him undergo all the program", — said the entrepreneur.

Learning to find solutions to the problems it is Important to teach children to seek a solution to the problem, not to use the tools for their solution, said Musk. "If you want your child to understand how the engine is running, you will first need to teach him how to use a wrench, and tell him all about the screwdriver," says the entrepreneur. He offers to show the child and ask how he'd take him apart. Trying to solve the problem, the child will understand what tools he needs for this, and begin to study how they work.Subscribe to our youtube channel

www.youtube.com/channel/UCXd71u0w04qcwk32c8kY2BA/videos

Not to deny the complexities of Musk complains that a child went through a lot of tests and got a horrible upbringing, which would not wish their children, but that he is afraid that now places them in hothouse conditions. To fix this, the Mask he comes up with for their trials — for example, takes a hike for the weekend: "I would never have gone camping on their own, I'm only doing this so that they at least sometimes faced difficulties. They have to cook and clean and do everything I do in campaigns". Buy baby max books "One of the biggest benefits you will ever give your child is to make him mad after reading: the effects of both on academic life and personal, you'll be amazed," says ex-wife the Mask in the service of questions and answers Quora. To achieve this, it is recommended to show your child that books are no price tags, "Take the child in the bookstore and buy everything he asks for. Bring home books and accidentally scatter them around the house, give the child to find them," teaches Justine Musk. At the time, Musk himself impressed her with a sweeping gesture — sending to the bookstore with my credit card and telling you to buy anything she wants.

Learning to ask questions properly Justine Musk often talks about how to develop creativity. One of the conditions of success, in her opinion, is the ability to ask questions. The child does not have to ask yourself: "How can I become a billionaire?", he needs to learn to think globally and find unique solutions. Only by learning to think critically and come up with new competitive products, becoming someone computer can never replace, you can achieve success.

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: secretmag.ru/longread/2016/02/12/kak-mask-vospityvaet-synovej/

Tags

See also

New and interesting