The greatest love letter of all time!

A letter from johnny cash to his wife June Carter Cache, according to the survey of the Independent newspaper, was considered the best love letter of all time.

It was written in 1994, on the 65th anniversary June.

"Happy birthday, Princess!

We age and get used to each other. We think alike. We could read each other's minds. We know that the other wants without asking. Sometimes we are a little irritated by each other — and maybe sometimes take each other for granted.

But sometimes, like today, I think about it and realize how lucky I am to share my life with the greatest woman I'd ever met. You still fascinate and inspire me.

You changed me for the better. You're my welcome, the main point of my existence. I love you very much.

Happy birthday, Princess.

John."

The musicians were married in 1968 and lived together for more than 30 years. June died in may 2003 and johnny followed less than four months.

Other odes of love, ranked in the top ten, include a letter of Richard Burton to Elizabeth Taylor (1964) and a lovely note from poet John Keats to his neighbor, Fanny Browne, sent in 1818.

Here are excerpts from other letters included in the top 10.

Winston Churchill to his wife Clementine Churchill, 1935

In your letter from Madras you wrote the words are very dear to me, that I have enriched your life. I can't tell you what they brought me pleasure, because I always feel so indebted to you if all in love are the scores... there are No words that could Express what is meant for me to live all these years in your heart and in your society.

John Keats — Fanny brown, 1818

Love has made me selfish. I cannot exist without you — I forget about everything except how to see you — my life seems to end on this — I can't see further. You have consumed me. I feel like I'm slipping and I'm delightfully unhappy without hope to see you soon. I'm afraid to go far from you.

Writer Ernest Hemingway — Marlene Dietrich, 1951

Can't understand how is it that every time I hold you I feel at home. And indeed very little to say. But together we always had fun and joked.

Napoleon Bonaparte to Josephine de Beauharnais, 1796

From that hour we parted, I constantly yearn. My happiness is to be with you. I remember your caresses, your tears, your tender care. Charms of the incomparable Josephine kindle continually a glowing flame in my heart.

Richard Burton, Elizabeth Taylor, 1964

My blind eyes are desperately looking for you. Of course, you don't understand how charming you are lovely and you spectacularly managed to find even more special and dangerous charm.

Henry VIII — Anne Boleyn in 1527

I beg you, tell me, what are your intentions for our love. Necessity compels me to seek the answer, because for over a year I shot with a love arrow and that is not sure will suffer if I lose or gain a corner in your heart.

Ludwig van Beethoven — Immortal beloved anonymous, 1812

I still in bed my thoughts rush to you, my Immortal beloved, be calm — love me — today — yesterday — what longing for you — you — you — you — my life — my all — farewell. Oh, go on loving me — never judge incorrectly about the most faithful heart of your beloved. Always yours. Always mine. Always our.

US President Gerald Ford's wife Betty Ford, 1974

No words on paper can't Express our deep, deep love. We know how amazing you are, and we, your children and their dad will try to be as strong as you. Our faith in you and God will support us. Our love for you is eternal.

Jimi Hendrix — unknown friend, date unknown

Baby...
Happiness is inside of you... so break the chains on your heart and let yourself grow — like a wondrous flower that you have...
I know the answer —
Just spread your wings and let yourself in
TO FREEDOM
Love you forever
Jimi Hendrix

published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: www.matrony.ru/velichayshee-lyubovnoe-pismo-vseh-vremen/

Tags

See also

New and interesting