Education according to Pestalozzi: Love the idea of concrete

What kind of love is it? About the sweet baby talk? About to say a good word and a Pat on the back? Yes, all this is also important. But this, of course, is not about that but about feeling serious and effective.

What: the love child? Why it is impossible to talk about prirodokoristuvannya method, Johann Heinrich Pestalozzi, without specifying the maximum the concept of "love in teaching"?

To answer this important, from my point of view, the question, let us once again recall the method. Moreover, the postulate of "repetition – the mother of learning" has not been canceled.

So.

The essence of the method is to understand that this man of God (if you like Nature) and develop it.

Very good!

How to understand?

Watching your child.

Great!

How to watch?

Not formally, not mechanically, but with love.

Only loving their child more than we love ourselves, we can not impose their ideas, and to see his own desires and aspirations.

Without love, the theory of Pestalozzi, quite simply, not working.

Beautiful?

Beautiful. But not specifically.

What kind of love is it? About the sweet baby talk? About to say a good word and a Pat on the back?

Yes, all this is also important.

But this, of course, is not about that but about feeling serious and effective.

Let us again call upon the aid of psihoterapie and remember how she understands what love is.

Love is a conscious feeling of the impossibility of its own existence without another person, without work, without the city, and so on.

And again interlaced psicotropia and life of the great Swiss. Yes there are woven, when the whole life of Pestalozzi some surprising – not to say mystical – way proves this definition.

After all, if it wasn't for his love of teaching – that is not his understanding that without the pedagogy, it will not be able to live – we would not know of this genius!

However, when it comes to his educational theory, such a definition is clearly insufficient.

Johann Heinrich Pestalozzi

"Love" as a concept in pedagogical system of Pestalozzi requires more effective and specific understanding.

The love of children for Pestalozzi was so natural that he apparently saw no reason for her to explain or prove.

But here is the quote. It would seem that there is no direct definition. However, when the great teacher writes about his relationship with the pupils, the text turns to the definition of "love".

"My hand lay in their hand, my eyes looked into their eyes. My tears flowed together with tears, and my smile accompanied them smile. They were outside the world, outside the stanza, they were with me, and I was with them. Their soup was my soup, their drink was my drink. I had nothing, I had no home, no family, no friends, no servants, only they were from me.When they were healthy, I was among them when they were sick, I was also about them." Did these amazing words can not becomes absolutely clear, as did Pestalozzi, what is the "love education"?

Based on the views of the great Swiss, I would define it as follows:

When we talk about education, what love is, first and foremost, the ability to assess a child and to be around.

The ability to put yourself in the place of the little man.

And again I ask: will it ever do school?

And again I answer: it is unlikely. And in any case, not tomorrow.

And again, concluded: it means to love a child needs parents. No one else.

This is very important.

To do our Chad remarks, to educate, to learn to live, to teach, to try to teach something – can anyone from a passerby on the street to the teachers in the school.

To love a child can only his closest people: parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters.

This love they/we can be entrusted to no one.

Empathy is "empathy" By Pestalozzi in the love of children there is no romantic flair, no sweetness. It is akin to empathy.

What is empathy?

All the same psihoterapija defines this "mysterious" word, which, by the way, sympathy is irrelevant, as follows:

• empathy – from the German "еinfuhlung": "empathy" in another person, a complete relationship with him, the impossibility of detached evaluation.
The concept that emerged in the late nineteenth and early twentieth century, and Pestalozzi, obviously, to know it could not.

But, in fact, he says about it: the life of a teacher (parent) must merge with the life of a child. They – together – must live one life.

In life, empathy may interfere: very often, the person merging with others, loses his self, loses himself. If You experience to human empathy, then You are not able to objectively evaluate it, not able, if necessary, to instruct him in the way that You think is true.

But in education – Pestalozzi – evaluation of secondary and primary understanding, the ability to put yourself in the place of the child. And this empathy could seriously help.

We're not only able to put ourselves in the place of our Chad, we don't have any idea what could be such a task...

The most significant problem with education today is that in dealing with children, we are violating the basic principle of human society: treat others the way you want them to treat you.

You never thought about the fact that if the kids treated us the way we treat them, we would quickly have gone mad.

For example, if they made us eat what we want and what is useful; if they were putting us to sleep at a certain time, not allowed to watch some interesting program; if they came to our heads, and they spoke about us all sorts of hurtful words exactly as spoken to the teacher about our children; if they forbade us to wear on the streets of beautiful clothes, citing the fact that she's not the weather; if at leisure, we were forced to do not what you want, and what they think is right...

And so on, and on, and on, without end...

How hard it must be to live us, adults, if children are scolded us and made comments as often as we criticize them and make comments to them?

Try to calculate (at least in one day) how many times have You scolded child, and how much to praise?

And if the amount of criticism will exceed the share of the praise, it means Your system is communicating with Chad was not based on love. So You don't want to put yourself in his place. In your relationship no empathy.

I repeat once again an important conclusion of Johann Heinrich Pestalozzi:

• the love of children – specific.
Often put yourself in their shoes, and gradually in your relationship to be born empathy that will help Your children to be happy and for You to experience happiness from their happiness.published

Author: Andrey Maksimov P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: www.pravmir.ru/vospitanie-po-pestalotstsi-lyubov-ponyatie-konkretnoe/

Tags

See also

New and interesting