Rules of life of bear Grylls

British TV host Bear Grylls has become for me in the past year, one of the people whose words and deeds are motivated to overcome their weaknesses and achieve success that once seemed impossible.

For someone Edward ("Bear" – his childhood nickname, which many people know it and in adult life) is just another cute star of extreme sports, performing staged stunts, and allow a lot, from the point of view of the venerable cushion theorists, missteps in their stories.

But for some, he is an adventurer, crossing on an inflatable boat the Atlantic ocean and flying on a paraglider over Everest, and became in time the youngest person on the Everest have risen. A former soldier in the British special forces and now a climber, thrill-seeker and host of the popular shows about survival in the wild, it is not the stars and even at the peak of popularity remains in his Board guy.

From his book "Guide to life" I took 25 of the rules of bear Grylls, whom he follows in his life. Rules 3 and 4 I printed and hung at your Desk, never to forget them.

1. Great journeys start with a single step. When you stand at the foot of the mountain, you almost cannot see the way to the top. She's too far and the road too twisty, and hidden behind obstacles. The only way to get up to start, alternately stepping with your feet, step by step.

2. Dreams require sacrifice. A simple truth of life is that to achieve what you truly want, you will have to give up something that you can be expensive – whether it's your "simple" life, your evening trips to the bar, your usual food or your time. Not many are trying, because not many dare. And most do not want to part with what is just.

3.Motivation [success in life] we need daily. We need to fill ourselves to the brim with good thoughts, because every day is something we oppress and pollute our brains. Dislodge bad good. Stuvite the negative with positive. Fill the pitcher as often as I can.

4. Shock, horror... Yes, it happens, even I feel devoid of motivation, because I'm only human. So don't be afraid to feel deprived of motivation is normal. Take a deep breath, mentally give yourself a Pat on the shoulder, cheer because you're just a man, and then go further. Champions are not sad for a long time.

5. The good expedition member is the one who gives your friends first or last drink of water. In extreme situations, especially valuable precisely such small things.

6. Work long and with enthusiasm, and success will come. Even if it will not look exactly as you imagined it in the beginning.I would climb mountains and hanging over cliffs, even if I didn't get paid – because I love hard work up a sweat, the risk and effort. It makes me feel alive.

7. If I wanted to be remembered thanks to some qualities and could choose three, here they are. First be people of the word. Keep your word, treat your promises and responsibly assess the possible liabilities. Second – never cheats. If we are dependable in little things, we would more easily trust and in serious cases. And third, to be good during the crisis. Be prepared for anything, think clearly and act decisively.

8. Today is the first day of the rest of you life – live it with courage. Unlike talent, money or luck is a resource that each of us is endowed equally. Each of us has 24 hours a day – and from each other people different is how they use those 24 hours. Yet, no one is rich enough to buy and to change his past, so right now change how you use your time, and you will change your life.

9. Learn to fix things and to monitor their safety – a sign of a true man.

10. Ne take yourself too seriously: if you fell in the mud, just sit back and laugh. All the people warmer are those who can laugh at themselves. It's human nature – and our best jokes are always about ourselves. It shows character, humility and grace.

11.Indecision is powerless. Wildlife requires audacity. When you jump off a cliff, or cross a crevasse, or Wade cross the turbulent river, you might not be several attempts. You should do it the first time, and uncertain fluctuations can cost you dearly.

12. Surprise yourself. We are all capable of much more work than you can imagine. Waiting for test hidden inside of us more brave, more courageous version of who we think we are. All we need is to pull yourself off the leash. So grab a great challenge and surprise yourself, showing how you really are capable and resilient.

13. Comfortable conditions are only temporary. Life in dry and warm, but completely without goals will never replace you fight for these goals in the battle.

With Barack Obama on the show "Wild"

14.Do not dwell on mistakes. They exist only in order for them to learn, not in order for them to live. If you screwed up, take a few minutes to find out the reason, learn the lesson, enthusiastically smile, and then move on, becoming smarter and wiser than before. Yesterday will never return, but we have tomorrow to win or lose.

15. Trust failure. We need to welcome failure. Maybe it sounds strange, but only when you are ready to accept defeat, you can really set yourself up for success.

16. Get out of the "pit of comfort." The problem with comfort zones is that it sounds, well, too comfortable, and when you get too comfortable, life loses its edge. That's why I call it "the pit of comfort", because the pit is the place where you want to get out as soon as possible. And if you want to soar like an eagle – in the pit live just not worth it.

17. Instinct always tells us the easy way but he will guide us right. Your intuition wants you survived and succeeded. And it is not obscured by your ego or other people's opinion – these false things live in your clear consciousness. Your instinct has a clear goal: to help you. Listen to him. Learn to recognize them. Study it when he speaks to you, and believe it.

18. The trick of maintaining good physical shape is to make exercise a habit and turn any work in the exercise.

19. I love [the food] to adhere to the 80:20 rule. That means 80% of your time eating a healthy diet, and the remaining 20 can be treated with something else. Avoid, as far as possible, of foods, white sugar, excess salt, saturated fats, white bread, white flour and large amounts of booze. Instead, eat lots of vegetables and fruits and try to eat them raw. Eat more grains such as brown rice and rye bread, and choose food that comes in nature, growing on trees of donuts you just will not find anywhere else! Try to eat vegetable fats like nuts or avocado, choose low-fat protein foods. The best fish and Turkey than beef and pork. In doing so, you will lose weight and strengthen muscles, brain and heart.

20. It is easy to be cheerful when everything goes without a hitch, but really the time for courage is when everything becomes completely bad. Remember, nobody likes whiners.

21. When you are going through hell, just keep going. When I find myself in a barren desert, stuck in a mosquito infested swamp, or cold and wet through in the middle of the ocean, there are always words that I repeat to myself over and over again (and they are very easy to remember even when you are damn tired and don't feel particularly brave or strong). It's... "just keep walking". When we give up, we know our fate. When we keep going, we deserve the right to choose our destiny.

22.The ability to be grateful is one of the best weapons against depression, which I know, and I can't understand why and how it works. But it works, and that's what's important. Gratitude will almost always make you happier.

23. Chase the dream, not for money. Money can make the road nicer, but the potholes with it, they will never be removed.

24. Life rewards the persistent, not skillful. Behind every successful man you'll find a whole string of failed attempts. We may not notice their losses (because we are blinded by their successes), but to succeed, these people inevitably had to go through the chain of failures. So the world is arranged: to achieve success you will face defeat. And, in my experience, the real difference between successful and unsuccessful people only perseverance to continue to move forward.

See also: the 48 questions that will help You to make awkward conversation easier

9 stories of success born from failure

The law of attraction: 30 ways you can attract what you dream of

25. Never give up. Wherever you go, whatever you do, the ability to "dig deeper" and not to retreat when it gets hard, not only takes you to a whole new level, but will lead to more fun, more complete and more favorable life.published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: folkextreme.ru/2016/01/bear-grylls-rules/

Tags

See also

New and interesting