The 26-year-old doctor was an experienced entrepreneur and investor

Yes, you heard right – he is only 26 years old. Sounds incredible. But that's not all – in 2016, he's got a list of the "30 under 30" by Forbes in the category "Finance and investments" in Asia.

In 2013 Ritesh graduated from the Medical University. Even during his studies, he began to take a keen interest in entrepreneurship. In 2010, he "skipped" almost an entire semester and attend the first stage of marketing at the London School of Economics (LSE). There he learned about Silicon valley, startups and concepts of social and environmental responsibility.

In 2012, Adstuck, company, founding members of which included Rites, sold their core product of ALIVE publishing, the Times of India. This event was for him a turning point.

Ritesh Malik, 26-year-old doctor became an entrepreneur and investor

In 2013 Ritesh decided to enroll in "Management of innovation and technology" at Harvard. He is very erudite, he has practical knowledge in the field of medicine, information technology, management, entrepreneurship (including social), investment and innovation.

Rites – founder and head of Guerilla Ventures Fund, which mainly invests in companies manufacturing computer hardware. According to Forbes, Fin Robotics (the developer of wearable gadgets) is the first portfolio company of the Fund, which received investments of series A. Rites also invested in 26 companies, including RHLvision, Wigzo, AddoDoc, Mashinga, and Flipmotion.

Ritesh Malik is actively cooperating with the government of India and helps to create an ecosystem of entrepreneurship in universities and promoting the program ‘Startup Standup India India’ in remote regions of the country.

He adds: "the project of our Foundation, we invite the President and Prime Minister in universities that are located in remote areas and attracted a small number of applicants.

For example, the University of agriculture and technology Govind Ballabh pant – the largest agricultural University in the world. We have organized seminars on innovative technologies for 10,000 students and realized that they are ready to move in this direction, they just need motivation. The market of startups is more than overrated, we focus on medium and small business groups".

"Money does not motivate me"

Rites puts before itself two purposes – to increase the number of women entrepreneurs and meet the needs of agriculture through effective implementation of new technologies.

"Only 9% of women involved in entrepreneurial activities in India, I hope in seven years to increase this figure to 45%. I understand that this is an ambitious goal. As for the local market, agriculture is the largest sector, followed by health care and retail trade, however, his needs are not taken into account in the first place".

Most people start to invest at age 40, especially if we are talking about doctors. But Rites found his calling, and he didn't have to wait that long.

And what? He refused medicine? Rites chuckles: "I have not gone completely out of medicine is my first love – it's just not practicing". He runs a clinic of his father (Radix Healthcare) and plans to expand.

Success is not easy

While Malik studied medicine, he frequently visited the Institute of technology in Madras, where he met his first partner by Abhishek Shankar. Abhishek worked on a product augmented reality, and by that time he already had a couple of patents in this area.

Rates proposed to apply augmented reality in medicine and to launch a platform for doctors, by which doctors are in different locations could communicate with each other and to assist in real-time during surgical operations in rural or remote areas.

Startup failed because of the lack of funding and lack of suitable infrastructure for the platform. But thanks to this failure Ritesh and Abhishek had the idea of creating ALIVE, which brought them recognition, fame and other rewards. Income from the sale ALIVE Rites invested in other startups 26.

He went into a "Startup village" in Kochi in search of projects for funding. "Now the village is funded 10 startups in 9 of them we invest", — proudly said the investor.

What he believes, what annoys him, what can advise

Ritesh invests in people and believes this approach is the most important factor of their success. He says: "If you are somewhat rushed to the implementation of the idea, and the market is not yet ready, you can always shift, but nothing can replace a good team."

He does not believe that the entrepreneur can push. "All we can do is offer advise, but the last step is always for the entrepreneur. From mistakes and failures is not going anywhere. Without failure you will not be able to create a truly valuable product."

He says that its annoying:

I often ask entrepreneurs what they want to create. Not that I haven't frustrating, as the answer is "the company for a billion dollars." The priority must be the value of the product, not the company.

Rites started investing at a very young age. However, it has already invested more than 26 companies. We asked him to tell about the superskills that help him to keep everything under control. "It was my team. All the honors for me, but it's actually Vivec, Hemant, Ankush and Roussel also deserve attention. I superficially understand technology, to be honest, I've forgotten a lot of medicine. Now I just manage people, bring them hope and give freedom. They can devote themselves to innovation, and they have a right to fail. My dreams are inextricably linked to their dreams."

Lessons learned and future plans

Rites not resting on his laurels, he returned to entrepreneurship and launched in November 2015 Innov8, a coworking center in Delhi. In my experience he was convinced that the development of start-UPS is important to create community where people can experiment and communicate with each other.

He said: "There you can meet new people, socialize with them, learn from successful projects, learn grosheim and the destruction of the traditional business models. So the idea networking platform for business. Innov8 brings together freelancers, entrepreneurs, innovators, investors and corporations under one roof". He seeks to bring to the ecosystem of product-oriented startups and make India the country of IT products".

See also:

Thank you for the healing and...

Steve jobs: what is the difference between billionaires and the rest of the people

In Innov8 motivate women to create startups. "The program is called #innov84women. "Personally, I believe that women as founders of beautiful. They are a well run business, deliberately wasting the money of investors. Much more efficient than men! We help them to choose a strategy, organize events, for example, "Women in programming", "angel event" and others," says Ritesh.

After San Francisco, tel Aviv and Bangalore, he wants to create in Delhi own version of Silicon valley and move the headquarters Innov8 in Connaught place, new Delhi.

Rites encourages fellow entrepreneurs and investors – to invest in new-fangled trends, and try to imagine what products will possess the market in the future, and invest in them.Another wisdom is to learn to delegate.

"People can do something better than you – just give them freedom and you will see the result." Rites proud of every mistake and every failure. He says: "I with thanks to dips, they are pushing for success, are the building blocks for personal growth." And laughing, adds: "I Have had so many failures that it is difficult to choose the most successful."published

Author: Denis Khripunov

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: primeliber.com/khripunov/istoriya-o-tom-kak-26-letnij-vrach-stal-opytnym-predprinimatelem-i-investorom

Tags

See also

New and interesting