You become your own beloved pet

Professional game developers (computer or other) know that the person is “drawn” for a long time under the conditions of “Flow”.

The game is interesting, while the level of difficulty matches the player's skill. Too hard — the player is boring to play. Too easy — the player is boring to win. So the quality of the game is always to increase the level of difficulty. Adds new levels, new features that the player could learn.

A kind of “ladder of progress”, in which the player could climb. If the staircase is designed correctly — people will be playing for days, weeks, months and years. Consumer culture gives people the same “staircase”.

Man never have enough money to buy everything that I want. But enough to buy “the next level of complexity”. “Ladder of Consumption” are endless. More precisely — it is all the time completed. Will not have time to buy the fifth iPhone is already out of the sixth. Fashion changes. Updated lineup of cars. Things wear out. Computers become obsolete.

While a man is absorbed in a “Ladder of Consumption” — it is not enough attention to anything else. All his thoughts, all his time and energy will be focused on two things: making money and spending money. A player “sucked” for the next 65-70 years.

Side effects?

The user's “ladder of Consumption” is absorbed by the process 100%. All of his values, world view, thoughts and feelings — ultimately subordinated to the range of the catalog of benefits. Doubt? Important to You family, loved ones, self-development?

Well, let's see. Calculate how much time You spend at work. As with the family. As You ratio?

The culture of consumption replaces the rest. Not the slightest chance to live “his” life. To realize its potential. To give relatives as much time as I would like. To see the world in the end.

You become your own beloved pet.

And I want to buy a new water bottle, new food, a mirror and a bell. To comb the hair and trim the nails in the salon. And or take courses in English.

Welcome to the “Golden Cage”.published

See also: I in your Body... and I'm talking to You

I'm not like all women: you're gonna feel when I come

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: vk.com/valery.revenko?w=wall7594677_8967%2Fall

Tags

See also

New and interesting