Amazing cherry jam

The summer was marked by the appearance in the sale of ripe and sweet cherries. Well, just abundance. I remember as a child, when it was summer vacation, and parents "exiled" us to his grandmother in the village, the first thing "thrivalist" grandchildren, was cherry.

Grandma in the garden there were two cherry wood. One tall, with a thick trunk, and we climbed it like monkeys, tearing a small, but incredibly sweet cherries. Second, in the corner of the garden, with a beautiful, pale yellow cherries that ripened a bit later, and I had time, as the competition was the ravens.

Cherry is a very delicate substance, and stored for a long time can not. Therefore, it is necessary to eat as quickly as possible. Ideally, directly on the tree. I remember my childhood, no one ever thought to wash cherries, pears or apples. And nobody, and never was sick. We were walking with antibiotics, which killed any pathogens.

Cherry, who had not time to eat, usually cooked. Jam is a dessert, according to scientists and chefs. Jam is a treat, so say the children. Preserves are preparations for the winter, so consider mothers and grandmothers. Jam is the currency for which you can sell the Home, and for the cookies, consider one of the Bad guys. Jam is fuel, so says Carlson, who lives on the roof.

About the recipe:

• Output: 2-3 cells
  • Preparation: 1 hour
  • Preparation: 12 hours
  • Ready in: 13 hours

Ingredients:

• Sweet cherries – 1 kg
  • Hazelnuts - 100 gr
  • Sugar – 1 kg
  • Vanilla – 2 g
  • Lemon – 1 PC.

Method of preparation:

Cherry is widely distributed in the Caucasus, in Ukraine, in Crimea and Moldova, and Krasnodar Krai. Cherries are thermophilic. The name "cherry" came from the city of Kerasunt (Turkey), where there were a lot of cherries. The Romans called them "karasunskiy fruit," cerasi. Here ciliega Italian, French cerise, Spanish cereza, cereja Portuguese, German Kirsche English cherry, "cherry".

Cherries wash. And then fun — remove pits from cherries.

I remember in my childhood saw relatives famously with pins removed the stones out of the cherries. Tried. It is absolutely impossible! The house was a cunning machine, to remove the bones. Worn on the hand, put cherries, pressed — bone flies out of the cherries in a bowl. Entertaining! By the way, cars are sold, yesterday he saw.

Finally all the bones removed. Turn hazelnuts. If it is small you can leave it as is. If large, should be split in half. But in any case, hazelnuts need to be toasted. Just bake on a dry pan until a pleasant nutty smell.

Then even more exciting experience — it is necessary to stick into each cherry to walnut, or half. But it is much easier and faster than to take out the seeds.

In childhood jam cooked in a huge copper basin. It was firmly. Now the basin we have, but there is a big pot, and cherries are not two buckets, and pounds. The pan will fit.

In a saucepan cook sugar syrup. One Cup of water bring to boil and add 1 kg of sugar and 2 grams of vanilla. Please note: not vanilla sugar, and vanilla. Perfect if you have pod natural vanilla. Then cut it in half and put in the syrup.

Boil the syrup until boiling until a rich foam, and all the sugar is dissolved. This amount of sugar seems very for solubility of sugar in the boiling water, but I could be wrong. But don't worry, sweet when cooked, instantly let the juice and dissolve all that is not yet dissolved.

Place in boiling sugar syrup to the cherries, stirring gently, bring to a boil. Abundant formation of foam do not be afraid. As soon as the syrup with the cherries began to boil, flame off and give the jam to cool for 2-3 hours. Better cover not to cover to not accumulate moisture. Cover the pot with a clean cloth, otherwise it will jam from the OS, not the cherry jam. Wasps — most unpleasant when cooking jam.

And so three times. Cool, bring to a boil. If the hazelnut was partially fell out of the cherries, not scary. When cherry jam is ready, you will not even notice it.

Also delicious: the unusual jam Recipes gourmet

Peach jam: easy to cook and delicious to eat

Before the last boiling, it is necessary to add in the cherry jam thinly sliced lemon slices. And only after this to bring it to the boil.

Even boiling cherry jam pour into sterilized jars and tightly closed lids. After cooling to put cherry jam on the shelf, if you're going to eat in the winter. But usually this does not reach, eat it a lot sooner, usually the same or next day.

Author: Sergey Gurenko

Cook with love ! Bon appetit!

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: www.djurenko.com/cooking/cerasi.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting