Pedagogical lure

In English, the term “medpribor” sounds like baby-led weaning. Literally “lure, which is controlled by the child.” In the term lies a huge difference of approach. The word “teacher” implies a teacher, suggests that we teach, not the child learns and teaches itself.

Proven that feeding on demand is more useful than feeding by the clock. That free play is more useful than didactic. What the child learns to crawl, walk, talk, read, count and catch a ball when his brain Matures to these skills, not when recommended in the training manual.

Nevertheless, the modern school still believes that at a certain age 9:30 to 10:15 on Mondays should a child learn the fractional division, and from 10:30 to 11:15 – crawling along the rope. So at least be honest and say that at this time we decided to teach the child the fractional division and the rope, and have no illusions what he now teaches-Sya. Fractional division or how boring school.

Seventy nine million ninety nine thousand one hundred

I recently read struck me about the study. Two groups of students were given the task – the picture of a maze from which you want to find a way for mouse. In one case, at the end of the maze was painted with a piece of cheese, and in the other case, at the beginning of the labyrinth – owl. Ordinary painted owl who caught the mouse, if it does not withdraw.

And all the students coped for 4-5 minutes finding a way to mouse out of the maze. Or piece of cheese, or owls. And then the students were given a creative task involving a flight of imagination and courage to unconventional thinking.

Of those who did the job with cheese – 've done it all, from those who have done the job with the owl – only half, and even then not very. It turns out that when our brain is in stress punishment or danger, he loses the ability to creative thinking. Even if it is just painted owl.

So 9:30 in the morning, barely awake class is studying division of fractions. Interestingly it is around 0.5% child's class of 32 people. But it is necessary to teach, and then? And then get yelled at, put a deuce, make fun of, put on the form. And so the whole school.

Often say that, they say, children learn easily and quickly and therefore have little while to learn everything. Well, Yes, until they grew up and are unable to protect themselves from vpihivaniya in itself tasteless skukisi – need the time to cram.

The logic in this is about the same, until the child learned to turn the head to push the tongue tasteless – it'd be good to cram. We better know that now he is supposed to squash puree.

They often say that doing a boring job with a stick the child learns the important skill of “what to do unpleasant too, will have”. As if the child lives in a world of pink ponies and him literally from birth, do not hate out of his desire. It's like he gets to school, brushes his teeth, takes away the toys, turn off the cartoons, washes his hands and closes the book each time only wish. By the school the child has so many opportunities to do what he absolutely does not want to, I don't think this skill needs more practice.

Often say, “and how he supposedly will live, if to do only what he is interested in?”. What a horrible fate, to do what is interesting! It is much wiser to prepare him for that he would with an effort of will to engage in the bore on the hated work. So he learned to do and not blather. Did not ask, “why?” “and what's the point?”. Perhaps this is fate for him to be expected.

This is a traditional paivana in baby grey overcooked cabbage obligatory knowledge called school – I'm pretty sure she's going to die soon. It's just inevitable, as inevitable was death in the school the rod and rote learning of the Psalter. It is completely alien and irrational in the modern world, where the exact year of the battle of Kulikovo is always available at the click of a button, where the solution of any equation you can find the podcast and learn when the need arises.

I am very sad that I personally lack the resources, courage and ability to organize a child away from school. She also had to teach decimal division in 9:30 a.m. Monday on black and white paper. But looking at the trend of home schooling, I am deeply convinced that the development of technology and the change of generations will completely change the way children learn.

What of the companions, trying to find child-led education while at home, to grow a new school system, different format, different programs, different approach.

This morning I was approached by the daughter:

– Mom, can I learn to play the trumpet?

– And what with the violin and piano? You want to leave?

– Well, Yes. I want the trumpet.

I ran to her classic monologue: “If it's okay to quit, you'll never learn anything for real. Do you realize that if you're going to learn the trumpet, all trumpet class will be better than you, and you have to learn from 6-year-olds. And during this time all skills on the piano, you will lose. You learn everything at the top and throw, so you never learn anything serious.” Child is gone, extinct. Classic.

Me whole day was embarrassing. I thought about all this, about how children learn, switching from one to another, coming back and throwing as they charge from the knowledge as much as they need now, and what in this process, the wisdom, efficiency, natural sense. And as I still on autopilot my installations. In the evening I returned from work, went to her and said:

Tessa, I wanted something important to say. I am with you nugawela about the pipe, I was wrong. We just grew so used to something that must be brought to an end, it is necessary to study in order to obtain a professional skill, not because it is interesting. Learning to dance in order to develop coordination and grace, and not because they want to dance. Learning to draw, want to draw, not because they want to draw. And I told you what I said on the machine. If you want to learn the trumpet – learn. I will support you.

– Nothing, mom. I understand. You are so educated.

She just turned 8 years old.

– You know, mom, now you do not was evening, and I instead of you was reading Daniel a book before bed. She's a little childish, but I read with expression.

Nobody said “have to” take care of my brother. That “need” to stay up all night to learn to draw, as she is now studying. As she had studied violin and piano, bringing us crazy with endless trentonian. That “need” to forgive and understand mom. It does not punish for failure, and will not allow for achievement. She discovers pieces of the world, like a puzzle, and mastering them at their own pace. And see this is a miracle.

50 phrases that DEFINITELY need to talk to their kids!

True or false – not so much a question of morality...

I see a school of the future as a source of knowledge, not the dispenser. A school where children can freely choose what to do, where, with whom and at what level. School as a source of tools, not specified topics.

Where the child is suddenly interested in dinosaurs will be able to escape to the workshop drawing and to paint there the dinosaur, and then escape in the Studio arts and the fashion there is the tooth of a dinosaur from clay or plaster or paint in 3D in the computer, and suddenly fascinated, to learn some of design programs, and then a Charter to go out and play in the gym, or filled up with a favorite book in a quiet corner in the library and take a NAP there if you want.

I see a school that allows you to develop different thinking – logical, figurative, abstract, theoretical – on absolutely any subject – whether it's pirates, video games or the works of Camus. I don't know how it is practically possible to arrange, and maybe not exactly, but I want to believe that boring, fear-based, violent vpihivaniya knowledge will remain.

And I really want to live longer, to see how it would be, and to see what the world will be built by those who dare to choose by heart since childhood.

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: www.womanfrommars.com/thinking-mommy-notes/%D0%BF%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%B0%D0%B3%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%87%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B9-%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BC/

Tags

See also

New and interesting