"Be yourself" as an excuse for his impotence

As you know, people individual. And personality — is a kind of inevitability. Even being the most ordinary boring in the world, still remain yourself and at your ordinary-boring personality.

No matter what we think, each of us comes into the world unique and remains so throughout life, no matter happened. And because of the uniqueness and individuality is our integral part, then that is it we are paying very close attention.

In our time, the attention grew into a kind of cult of personality. In movies, TV shows, and in popular psychology, we often hear the advice, which, it seems, depends very much, and from which, frankly, already a teeth reduces. "Be yourself", "Just be yourself", "For Bridget Jones as it is!" — what is behind this appeal? What it means to be a and so it just, if you think about it?

To think... This a dangerous process of facing oneself, called self-reflection or introspection. And does it matter how it is called? The most important thing that in most cases, when the Council pronounced, it means the opposite of this process. The advice "be yourself" in most cases manifests that you do, without explanation, without the need to be understood.

Those who do not want or can not understand, simply does not appreciate you, you can not recognize your identity. To explain makes no sense. After all that they should understand just like that, yourself? What explanation, if you know yourself, and thus know the truth: I am good, I am worthy. I can not understand? They just don't want and don't want to, I proudly snub nose can stand to look mysteriously into the distance...

Yes, there is all this given? Far glimmering rays of the setting sun of common sense. It slowly gets dark in the water, threatening to hide from you the last spark of what makes you not just a man, not just himself, but those who can be more than himself.

Thanks to the army of pseudopsychological, marketers, copywriters, and other manipulators of consciousness we find ourselves in the trap meanings. It turns out that in our hands recipe for happiness — don't worry about the opinions of others, don't try to adapt to others, it's not worth it. Do we lose something if we begin to be guided by these principles? In fact, we lose ourselves, that is, their individuality.

Wait, wait, but my personality is me, "be yourself" and all that. Wait, threw a couple of glances into the distance... something is wrong. Really, frozen within their views, even seemingly correct, or stupid stereotypes, we become who we think we are — meeting conceivable perfections to us? No. Statics, of course, denies the possibility of development, but man, if you for a moment believe it is a huge world in which there is everything and more. And it is not about platitudes, a rich inner world and spiritual beauty, and that this is the only worthwhile life really is. Yes, within each vast galaxy, the breadth of spirit that enables you to be anyone and to do everything possible. This world cannot be suddenly frozen in a block of God knows what. In this case, it is not the world, but so is a frozen piece of God knows what.

The famous phrase of Sartre that "hell is other people", as if not contrary to our modern values and suggests that it would be better simply not to draw Royal attention. However, the same Sartre owned and thinking about what the fullness of being, that is the true identity of the personal experience of Space, can survive only through love. To love, need Another. Even loving yourself is necessary, as if to split his identity. Here I am, and that I that I love. And here you are, as Jack Sparrow, sorry, captain Jack Sparrow, tossing the ghostly ship surrounded by themselves.

But in the relationship may not be static, the human gut is in motion, in the house of our soul everything is hopping, old books falling off shelves, records are broken, something new breaks into the dusty room, tearing down the curtains and destroying everything in its path. This movement, this development, or rather this self-development is self-criticism, is self-control and will — the result of such training.

We want to be beautiful and exercise, will melt in the tanning, and then inject vitamin injections for smoothness and skin health. We want to be smart and read a lot, watch a good movie. We want to be educated and find a great school and the teachers who know more than we do. We want to be successful and work hard to bring earned to those whom we consider worthy of our earnings in exchange for the fleeting joy of shopping, new clothes, fun and enjoyment. All this is not enough. In order to experience true happiness, you need to put aside their fears and go inward. And there will be an abyss.

Nietzsche writes: "when you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks into you." You can understand that this is so that in this abyss of vices, passions and virtues, beauty, and goodness, you can find your Ya to Rise above their individuality, to stand over what I always felt and thought, realizing that can feel and think in fact infinitely many. To realize that you're pathetic as well as great, the thing only that will want to choose. And now it seems absurd is "just be yourself". Yes, it's impossible to just be myself when they can just be an endless world of alternating meanings, feelings and thoughts. After all this is I need only look into the abyss.

But from looking into the abyss many, I can not blame them in this, dizzy and quickly they try to cover up your eyes and drift away deep inside, to hide behind something, to tear from the edge to create a sense of security and comfort. What's in it for you? Shops with your favorite stuff, the endless dialogue of social network, news feed, music, sound does not stop even for a minute? Click-click-click, click-click-click. The knocking sound of the keys is reminiscent of gunfire, and a quick click — the knife of the guillotine. Whatever shirmochki you yourself choose, be aware of the abyss behind them, and she, unlike you, always ready to meet.

How many thoughts and ideas we leave unfulfilled, how many feelings unspoken because I want to "just be yourself"? "Be yourself" is not only the Council, but the justification for his weakness, his laziness and demotivation to action. What if all this unrealized potential begins to be actualized? How much new we have learned about ourselves, how much we would give to others?

But let's leave the stories to glossy magazines and melodramas. We've got the drama level a little above acceptable, because it would be new and new disappointments and new suffering. Sometimes the result of the learning experience itself becomes the jump from the roof, because to know yourself is really dangerous, because we are so scared to open my eyes. But why are we so used to feeling sorry for yourself? Why are we immersed in the petty-bourgeois swamp, decide what great game with Eros and Thanatos, suffering and enlightenment not for us? Genius in pain found the inspiration to create their masterpieces. Why do we think that they themselves are not capable of? Become his friend, that is truly "be yourself."Pay all that you have to benefit yourself because you're a man, you're a collection of many qualities, thoughts and feelings, and they are all equally important. The focus is how you can manage that.

Also interesting: 10 excellent work practices for self and not only

You live the way You DESERVE

However, we all know that such efforts require voltage. And it being internal, spiritual, if strong enough, can become physical, and so ill for long. So those who think I've gone far enough from the abyss, put the headphones in your ears tightly and check the news feed. Today we are shouting about the need to find themselves so loud that can hear even those who have long does not want to hear anybody but himself.published

Author: Maria Bersheva

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: www.cablook.com/mirror/bud-soboj-ili-sovet-kak-stat-nikem/

Tags

See also

New and interesting