How to remember a book in 3 minutes

Do you ever feel that you read a terrific book, but after a while can't remember anything useful from it? Agree it is very sad and happens all the time. I even had once a case when I bought the book you have already read. Well, now that I read books so that I can easily remember their content in just a few minutes.

Of course, the key to effective reading is through emotional commitment. It is difficult to fully delve into the book when you are forced to read it. Without a doubt, you can begin to outline what they read, but it does not always help.

I recall a case from my childhood when I was forced to read the novel "War and Peace", and it was necessary not only to read, but take notes. I duly noted it in the spirit's notebook 96 sheets each. And was very proud of myself.

But after a while, when it came time to work on this novel in high school, I was shocked. Not only did I absolutely didn't remember (very vaguely and broadly), but also realized that to understand my records it was absolutely impossible. After that, I hated literature and nasty notebooks 96 pages.

The main secret of effective reading is to set yourself clear goals you want to achieve after reading the book. If the book is on the events, you must clearly understand that after reading it you should know how to carry out activities and at what stages. It's simple, but what about fiction? Or when we are unable to supply in advance such goals? Here it is possible to cheat a little.

Don't know about you, but I'm in school, first wrote the essay, and then on the finished essay was its structure (the idea is that you need to do exactly the opposite). Here we will do the same, learn to set goals retroactively. This is the best suitable technique of mind maps. This will allow recovering the entire book, if not instantly, then within a couple of minutes for sure. Most importantly, when mapping, to use less words and more symbols and images. Here is a simple example mind maps for the book, map much more than on the image.

Let me tell you a few secrets in the preparation of such a card. Obviously, the easiest way when drawing up mind maps of the book is to add each new Chapter or section in a separate branch.

It structures your map, and in the future will allow to easily recover the workbook in memory. But remember that if you have something interesting decided to mark out a new Chapter, and it refers to the previous one, then I would advise you to write it in the branches of the previous chapters.

Let me explain with an example. Let's say you read the Chapter "hammer and nails" and moved to Chapter "building a wall" and in this Chapter, is something the author mentions the hammer... it is better to write something in a branch of "hammer and nails".

So you will be able to build a complete image of something, even if that image is scattered throughout the book. The school is often asked to make a collective image of any literary hero, so if you do the mind map during the reading, and you will have a branch with the name of this hero, you can easily and in seconds can not only be a collective image, but also spend extended presentation on this topic.

Benefits of reading with the construction of mind maps:1. Excellent understanding of readable material.

Even if the book you don't like, you will be able to learn well structured. You understand that's what it should be and sort of cause and effect. Guaranteed to be able to remember all the contents of the book and not lose the thread of the narrative or plot.

2. The ability to instantly "read" a book.

You will be surprised how quickly the head will be information, you will remember everything to the smallest detail. It's very exciting if you read it again. Come alive in the mind of those moments that before viewing the map, had been forgotten. And remember even those moments that are not reflected in the map itself. I'll say even more, I recall the events that have happened to you in the moment of reading this book.

3. The separation of the "hard blank".

Sometimes not all authors can simply convey their thoughts and smear it on the book. Or even include minor or unnecessary descriptions. When drawing mind maps, the author will not be able to mislead you. You can always just imagine the real content of the book. Will be able to remove all the junk and write the achieved goal in reading.

A couple tips for beginners:
 Read as you wish. Mapping is not necessarily after each read lines. No need to lose the idea of the narrative constant interruptions. Better to read to a logical point or end of the Chapter and then make notes in the chart. Understand. Sometimes it's better to make the map the next day. This will allow to structure the information in your head and you will better understand how to map, make, and do not need to spend time. Without fanaticism. Don't need to map every read... It definitely takes more time to read. However, if the book is quite voluminous, it is best to spend extra time in the future, you already can easily retrieve all the information. I assure you, if you try this technique of mind maps, you will be extremely satisfied with the result.

How to buy at online stores

5 ways to increase reading speed

Additional branches. No matter what I read has become a habit to create such thread:"quotes", "thoughts/ideas" - in it records the ideas which come at the time of the reading recorded, even those which do not relate to material books bookmarks - important notes with page numbers or a page number where you finished reading last time. Happy reading! published

Author: Dmitry Chernov

Source: www.4ernov.ru/2012/09/3.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting