10 tips from the rich who want to get rich American investor Warren Buffett.

1. reinvested earnings.

When you earn a lot of money first, you might be tempted to spend it. Do not do this. Better to invest in business, which seems to you profitable. I figured it out early, while still in high school. My friend and I bought a used machine for a game of pinball, and set it in the barber shop. The money we have not spent as would have done in our place ordinary teenagers, and began to buy other machines. For 26 years I had already $ 174 thousand, which in today's money is $ 1, 4 million

2. Be willing to be different.

Do not take decisions, relying on what others say. When I started to manage the money collected from several investors $ 100 thousand, they called me a freak and I predicted failure. But 14 years later, I closed a partnership, and it cost more than $ 100 million. For me, the market - this is just what everyone else is doing. To be above the market, it is necessary to measure themselves by their internal scale, judging yourself by your own standards, not public

3. Do not "suck his thumb."

Beforehand collect all the information to make decisions quickly and stick to it. Unnecessary seat and thinking I call the "thumb-sucking". When I offer to enter into a business or invest money, I wonder how much it would cost, I'm in it for me - and almost immediately speak his mind

4. Contracting everything on the beach.

All disputes, particularly cash, must be solved before the start. I got this bitter lesson before the business with slot machines. Grandpa hired me and my friend to restore order in his store. We have 5 hours to carry heavy boxes, and when we finished, my grandfather gave us 90 cents for two. I was shocked by such injustice

5. In business there are no trifles.

I admired his friend, who thought of paint only the wall of the office, which appeared on the road, and thus saved on paint. Learn to save on small things, it will greatly increase your income

6. Live within your means.

Do not go into debt. Living on credit is still no one has made a millionaire. I had never in his life did not take the money, and always tried to make first, and then do what we have. My advice to the debtor - bargain with creditors to pay, how much you can. And when you close the debts, is working to collect at least a small amount that can be put to use

7. Be persistent.

Tenacity and perseverance with less money can achieve more than the better off rival. In 1983, I bought the company just because I liked the way it conducts business founder, an immigrant from Russia. From a small shop mistress she became a true legend of the industry by opening a network of furniture stores across America.

8. At the time you exit the game.

As a teenager, I went to the races, set a time and lost. To compensate for the loss, I bet again and again lost. It was a week's wages. But I found the strength to leave and will never repeat this mistake.

9. assess the risks.

In 1995, the employer of my son Howie, was accused by the FBI of price-fixing. I advised Howie to imagine the worst and best scenarios of the company. He quickly realized that the risks far outweigh any potential benefits and left the next day. Asking yourself the question, "And then what?" - It helps to imagine all the possible consequences and make the right choice

10. Find out what is the meaning of success.

Despite his condition, I never measure success in dollars. Before they reach the respectable age, I realized - success in life is not measured in money, and the number of people who you love and who love you.

Tags

See also

New and interesting