Eating raw foodists in the campaign.

I describe their experience of the 7-day autonomous trek (10 days on the road) in the mountains of the Southern Urals.

Our trip was hiking with a rucksack on his back, which was all the equipment and food, so the question of the weight and volume was, as you know, badly. Accordingly, all fruits and vegetables immediately disappeared. Firstly, they are heavy and take up a lot of space, and secondly, their banal it would be difficult to deliver in the integrity and security (but the weight of the question here still stands at the forefront!). Therefore, the choice of products was thus:

- 1 kg of green buckwheat
 - 1 kg of chickpea (with it is another story)
 - 1 kg of raisins
 - 1 kg of almonds (not pictured)
 - 10 packs loaves of wheat germ
 - Wakame 1 pack (200 grams, in my opinion)

All food for convenience, I packaged in 100 g. on bags (single portion). Also, along the way, in Bashkiria, bought honey directly in the apiary, and a jar of sunflower seeds and honey.

And about 25-30% of my diet consisted of edible wild plants (thanks Travovedu!) - Goutweed, stinging nettle, angelica, lime leaves, petioles burdock, sorrel, young spruce shoots, a lot of blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, white mushrooms
So no shortage of food, I did not feel at all! There was no sense of hunger or lack of dietary diversity!

In field conditions very convenient sprouts grown proraschivatelyah Smartsprouter! At night, put the morning poured, cover with vents, proraschivatel tossed into a backpack and went, and the next day ready to complete and is very nutritious breakfast! Two proraschivatelya and your food pipeline is ready! )))

The only important point! Be sure to check the germination of seeds before leaving! I got a chickpea! I bought it in a very well-known and authoritative syroednom store and was confident in the quality, but it turned out that this chick does not sprout! Soured the two portions and of all the peas naklyunulis Only a few pieces! I had to throw a kilogram of food, which I had hoped! ((

Almonds I just soaked overnight, then covered it in a bag, which was very convenient to shove in any pocket of the backpack and quickly get it to a halt, a bit of sugar to eat nuts with wild plants.

Very good as a snack on the run, he turned raisins. Quickly saturates and gives energy. Also in camp were good energy seeds in honey! I even told friends climbers that climb to take such a "liquid kozinaki". The main thing is not to eat it all at once, but to confine a pair of spoons! ))) And make it easy: a container (preferably plastic jar with a well fitting lid) pour peeled sunflower seeds and pour in the liquid honey. Mixed well until a uniform mass and an excellent source of energy ready!

Even in the campaign we were drinking herbal infusions and teas with honey. Very good quenches thirst, nourishes and gives strength!

During transitions strongly recommend everyone have at hand a jar with water and applied regularly to it! Even in the rain! Still, always make one or two mouthfuls of water and will always be fresh and active, fatigue and leave you recover faster!

Bread went well for a change when he wanted something zhevnut. But I soak wakame only once and mix them with buckwheat to taste. In principle, it went well, tasty, and not weigh it or anything, so you can take note.

I think in the next campaign, my diet is about the same as the selection of products proved to be a very good and practical! Maybe some other time I'll take a little carrot (it is dense and well saturates) and onion or garlic (I love it!). Of dried fruit can be added more dates, but all will depend on the duration of the campaign, the route and the weight equipment.

Walk hiking safely, my friends! Practice has shown that raw foodists in the campaign in many ways, even easier than traditionally nourish man (it is not necessary to cook, to wait until a fire breaks out, you can get enough snack on the go, etc.)!

All good trips, friends!

Alexander Kirpichev

Tags

See also

New and interesting