Virginia Satir: Who among us comes always just right?

Virginia Satir - American psychologist and psychotherapist. Virginia Satir's ideas had a great influence on the development of family therapy.

Her observations and methods of work in the field of non-verbal communication were used to create NLP - Neuro Linguistic Programming

Quotes:

I am convinced that the greatest blow I strike daughter, if he comes to me for Christmas dinner because afraid to offend me. I understand that I have not managed to bring up her independence.

... Attempts to contact teenagers tenderness caused by thirst, warmth and intimacy, and increased aggressiveness - the result of a desperate desire not to look weak and dependent

. According to my observation, people who can not or do not want to show their true feelings, very alone, even though their behavior is not always talking about it. Most of these people in childhood were usually very offended or rejected for a long time. The desire to hide their emotions generated by the desire to avoid offense.

I would like to ask every parent in the evening of her child: "What is the danger you faced today? And as you have behaved? "And it would be better if the parents themselves will be able to share with your child the same information.

Self assessment of each person is highly dependent on how we define for ourselves what is love and what we expect from her. The higher our self-esteem, the less we need a permanent concrete evidence that our (a) spouse (s) with us is considered. Conversely, the lower self-esteem, the more we are dependent on the permanent signs of attention, and this leads to misconceptions about how the love manifests itself.

In many families, the adults try to teach their children to what they do not know and do not know how. For example, it is natural that a parent who can not cope with their emotions, would not be able to teach this child. Children perfectly identifies gaps in education and education of adults. Knowing these gaps are too smart parents and students in the education of every child learn new wisdom.

I believe that the most essential quality for parents - is a constant interest in new knowledge, sense of humor, ability to critically evaluate their actions, always be sincere. If a family is created by people who have not attained this maturity, family life is more complicated, involving risk and great difficulty. But maybe this is something there: like family life can be quite fun thing. Who of us always goes just right?

Any rule that interferes with family members to discuss what is happening and what has been, - a source for the formation of a limited, non-creative person and the appropriate family situation

. The family, in which the right to discuss freely, regardless of whether it is a painful, joyful, or sinful, has a real opportunity to become a happy and harmonious family.

If you are honest and sincere, trust children to you will only grow. Children need the truth, not perfection, and there is no such person who would afford to play the role of God.

Tags

See also

New and interesting