BMW i3 electric car beats sales records in Germany

Since July in the country have special privileges and preferential treatment for holders of "green" cars. When buying an electric residents in Germany receive a discount of € 4,000 and a tax exemption for 10 years. After pre-orders beginning of the program on the BMW i3 has increased dramatically. At the same time cars Tesla benefits do not apply.

In May, Germany has announced the launch of development programs in the country, electric. The initiative, which will cost in Germany € 900 million, financed by both government and private car companies. Since July, the German residents can get a discount in the amount of € 4,000 for buying an electric vehicle and € 3,000 for buying a rechargeable hybrid. Also during the 10 years the owners of electric cars are exempt from vehicle taxes.

However, the limit of the cost of an electric vehicle is limited to € 60 000, so buyers and Tesla Model S Tesla Model X will not be able to receive benefits from the government.

This restriction is already producing its first fruits. Since the beginning of the program of action has increased dramatically sale BMW i3 electric city. The demand for an updated version of i3 jumped significantly, compared with the demand for the first model, which was released in 2013. Around the world, it has taken 5,000 preorders, 1000 of them go to Germany.

BMW i3 - it's the only car brand that uses only electric traction. The updated model features extended battery 33 kWh. On a single charge the car can travel 183 km.

The program of development of electric vehicles in Germany was one of the steps for the transition to ecological modes of transport. Since 2030 all new cars in Germany will have to have the status of vehicles with zero emissions, that is, buy a new car with petrol or diesel would be impossible.

Today the electric market in the country is only 0, 5% of the total car market in Germany. As of January 2016 30 million gasoline cars were registered in the country, 14, 5 million diesel, 130 thousand hybrids and only 25 thousand electric cars.

According to the expectations of experts, by 2025 the number of cars with electric drive on German roads is expected to increase by 8%. Total 2020 German citizens would use a million vehicles on the hybrid and fully electric traction, and by 2030 - more than 5 million.

Tags

See also

New and interesting