Young mother was forced to go to court to pick up his placenta

Almost immediately after Jordan Tiering learned that she was pregnant, she and her husband began to prepare for the appearance of their future child. They bought diapers, baby clothes, decorate the nursery, choose a name for the child (Roman). What do they have to do before the Roman born? Get a court order.

Like many mothers after the birth of a child, Jordan wanted to take their placenta to subsequently encapsulate it

Among modern mothers placenta eating is gaining more and more popularity. Some believe that it stimulates the production of milk, makes moms more energetic and even helps to cope with postpartum depression

Mothers who do not want to eat the placenta in its raw form, it may be encapsulated, that is, to turn the tablet and take in more acceptable form Thus Jordan wanted to put the placenta in gelatin capsules and take them around like a multivitamin. "Placenta room in a gelatin capsule is actually harder than it might seem, but if it will benefit me, my husband or my child, why would not try it?", - Said Jordan Tiering in an interview with USA Today «It seems like a positive effect exceeds the negative . I'm really excited about it. If this does not bring any benefit, it will not do any good as whatever it is that I will have what I want "- she went on fact, because it has the right to dispose of those that grew inside her whole 9 months, right? Not true.

When Jordan called the hospital to discuss the birth plan, she was told that she would need a court order to allow it to take its placenta

"I thought that? To pick up a part of my body, I need a restraining order? ' "? - Said Jordan's when Jordan and found that, in accordance with the decree of the Mississippi Department of Health of the mother is a "third party" in relation to their own placenta

Of course Jordan was deeply surprised by this news

"When I gave birth to a child, and then give birth a placenta, it turns out, you can pick and my child too? I am a "third party" to your own child? Of course not. So why I am a "third party" to my own body? I think it just does not make sense ", - logical thinking Jordan As it turned out, to the hospital the placenta is a non-infectious medical waste, and hospital workers is forbidden to give medical waste without the permission of the court

After the lawyer Jacqueline Jordan Hemmak read a post on Facebook, she decided to lend a helping hand to the woman:

"I told her that she wanted to help her cope with the crazy situation that it faced. zabiranie placenta was for me a new thing, I read law talked to Jordan, and received all the necessary facts filed, I hoped it was enough. And so it was »

Finally, May 2, Jordan received the necessary court order

"It was quite simple, but it is, in my opinion, is not necessary. I do not think that anyone has the right to dictate to a woman what to do with her body, of course if it is not the woman herself. No one should dictate to me what I should do with their bodies. This is part of the female body, and no matter what a woman wants to do with it, it is their right to take her myself. I gave birth to my child, and gave birth to my placenta. And there should not be anyone who will tell me what I can or can not do with it ", - said Jordan

Loading ... Loading ...
Liked? Share with your friends!
Loading ... Loading ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting