Genetic Photocopy: Triplets that can be resolved only Mom

Learn that she is expecting triplets, it has been a surprise for Becky Joe Allen. And when the little Roman, Rocco and Rohan discharged from intensive care home, their mother was waiting for another surprise.

Other moms are constantly told how kids like each other, and Becky Joe decided to send DNA samples for analysis. So she found out that we are talking about one case at 200 million: triplets turned absolutely identical from the point of view of genetics

Fortunately for the 23-year-old mother, the characteristics and nature of the manifested kids allow even her children are not to be confused with each other. "When they were infants, it was quite difficult to distinguish one from the other, but I am never let them confused," - says the young mother

"They all have birthmarks between the eyebrows, but Roman is a bit darker than the rest, while Rohan has a birthmark on his leg - she explains. - When they were in the hospital, the doctors said that they are not identical, but as long as they are written, a lot of people told me that the kids can not be distinguished »

According to multiple births Foundation, the only way to determine for sure whether twins or triplets identical, known as establishing zygosity - is DNA analysis

In consultation with the Fund, Becky Jo Allen took swabs from the oral cavity of triplets, and sent them to the laboratory for analysis. In early May, she received the results, according to which her children were genetically identical. It is the youngest of the few well-known in the UK genetically identical triplets conceived naturally.

"I was surprised, because I expect that they will not be identical, - says his mother. - But it turned out that I was the only one who makes them different from each other, and it explains a lot, "Ms. Allen of Geytakra, Liverpool, which also has a three-year daughter of Indiana, made an early scan to pregnancy ninth week due to severe headaches! and nausea. It was then that she learned that waiting for triplets.

"I could not believe it. I have not even thought about what it might be twins, not to mention about the triplets, the more that we did not have such a family. " Doctors from the Women's Hospital in Liverpool (Liverpool Women's Hospital) scan done every week. Triplets were born by Caesarean section at 31 weeks. Rocco weighed 1, 5 kg, Roman - 1, 53 kg, and Rohan - 1, 64 kg

Now that the kids are home, they begin to show character. "Rohan - the loudest, he cries all the time. Rocco's usually pretty quiet, but it may also be irritable and Roman did not usually want to share with anyone, "- says their mother

"They are always crawling over the same toy, trying to catch her before the other brothers. Indiana loves them, she was not jealous, but I'm a little sorry for her when I think how she will grow up with three brothers. »

Triplets need about 130 diapers and baby wipes four packs a week. Batches dairy mix is ​​enough for about two days, and the washing machine is run three times a day. Father of triplets, 28-year-old Liam Tierney, not living with Becky-Jo, and most of all it helps her 17-year-old sister, Lauren.

Before the birth of Indiana Becky Joe wanted to be a nurse-midwife, and now it is even more dreams about it, especially after everything that she had passed. "All assistance and health care that we received were excellent - she said. - I am happy that now they all okay »

. Identical triplets are obtained when the fertilized egg divides twice. No course of infertility treatment the probability of such cases is from the same time 60 thousand to one case per 200 million. If you have twins or triplets, one membrane in the womb, they are usually identical (monozygotic). If not, they are indistinguishable from those of the placenta that different (dvuzigotnyh) twins, and only DNA analysis is able to determine this for sure.

In 2014, it was reported that Karen Gilbert of Pontypool, South Wales, every morning colors in different colors toenails from their year-old identical triplets to distinguish Ffion, Maddison and Paige each other.

30-year-old identical triplets Leila Lina and Lily Lyuik will represent Estonia in the year in the marathon as part of the Summer Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.

Loading ... Loading ...
Liked? Share with your friends!
Loading ... Loading ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting