15 things that I learned, after living two years in China

With China I had a love at first sight. After two years of passionate romance, when the object of adoration see only positive quality, our relationship has become more like a marriage. We got used to each other, put up with the drawbacks, and very comfortable exist together. I'll tell you about some of the features of my beloved country.

The concept of "its" for the Chinese people is decisive in relation to man. If you countryman , a friend of a friend, a friend and even more so relative - no matter what the distance - you can expect special treatment. If you "own" that you trust, they give you a better price, you will always help, but, of course, from you in return expect the same. < China - a society based on the provision of mutual favors. Here, it works better than the money. In a conversation with the Chinese context is very important. "Yes," then it sounds rare, and "no" - even less When you say "maybe", depending on the situation, it can mean "yes", ie "I really try, but only heaven knows. , to succeed. " "No" - "I just can not, just do not want to offend you refusal" or "maybe", "I would do it, but not sure to succeed." This multiplicity of meanings leads Western Europeans in a state of constant stress, but people who grew up in Russia, which, like it or not, and still Asia, after a while it becomes easier. Well, anyway, for me personally. (Although the lining still happen). According to my observations, all the Chinese people have a rare ability to sleep anytime, anywhere, completely oblivious to noise or light around. It seems that they have the "off" button. By the way, the daily afternoon nap is practiced almost all, except residents of large cities. For example, in the small town where I lived, from 12:00 to 14:00 closed almost all the shops, and certainly all the public places, where the lunch break lasts from 11:30 to 14:30: to eat an hour and two hours sleep.

no such thing as "Chinese food", in China there is no . There is a very specific regional traditions. Depending on where in China you are, different products are used, various spices and different preparation methods. Sichuan Province is famous for its spicy dishes, north - dumplings, Wuhan city - noodles with peanut sauce and spicy duck necks, etc. Culinary tourism -.. One of the most popular leisure activities among the Chinese. < Regional cuisine is the same attraction as the mountains, temples and museums. To my question, what do we do in Chengdu - a city known for its huge reserve and panda breeding center - my Chinese friends looked at me in amazement and said, "Like what? There »

The most common drug of traditional Chinese medicine - hot water. whether you are a cold, sore you have the stomach or the head - you definitely advise to drink plenty of hot water. The hot water then drink all whether they are sick or healthy. Large Titans with boiling water can be found in all public places - from airports and railway stations to the parks. Therefore, the public free toilets at every step, including the subway. The Chinese trains underwear does not change with each new passenger. If, say, you sat on the interim rather than at the final station, the best that you can count on - to clean up a little bed conductor. But it is not known how many people in this very bed before you slept In Chinese restaurants, the dishes are often served wrapped in a plastic film -. It looks all very hygienic But Chinese friends before. you start there, always rinse this "clean dishes" boiled water (which you once served).

Diapers for babies - a sign of a very large city. In all other places Chinese kids wear panties with a cut to the pope (in any weather) and, if necessary, send the needs of nature in a corner on the sidewalk, of course, under the strict supervision of parents. Describing the appearance, the Chinese dismantled into its component parts person They say. "you're beautiful, because you have big eyes / high nose (high nose bridge) / small mouth / white skin." An old Chinese proverb says: "White skin erases three ugliness". Local ladies (and often young people) are making unbelievable efforts to whiten their skin, and avoids exposure to the sun. To do this, they wear umbrellas on a sunny day, wearing a cap with a mask made of dark glass in the manner of a welder and constantly use bleaching creams. < The idea that somewhere there are people, especially spending time and money to ensure that the skin became darker, the Chinese seem absurd. As you know, tanning salons in China is not Relationships always infest the idea of ​​marriage For the vast majority of Chinese family and children.. - main goal in life. Chinese men are incredibly caring and love children. A crowd of twenty children, Tiscali kids - catcher here absolutely normal. As my Chinese girlfriend, boyfriend of the Chinese expected to take away the room, prepare meals and clean your grape peel. And it's not a joke.

to show their feelings in public is not accepted in traditional China and touch each other Couples holding hands in the big cities -. likely influence of the West. Visitor hugs and kisses all the more considered indecent. Moreover, if a man touches a woman, everyone will assume that they are in a relationship. Chinese friends (even of the same sex) does not embrace each other: the Chinese do not like to be touched, the crush in the subway is not considered. The words "I love you" - very rare even between husband and wife and between parents and children. Feelings are expressed in concern and in emergency feeding an object emotions. The skirt and shorts in Chinese women can be arbitrarily short, there is nothing wrong, while the chest and shoulders are always closed. < / The neckline there are not, but in the heat of the Chinese men wrapped T-shirts in the style of short tops, opening bellies. This is the national sign: «If the Chinese men bared their bellies - summer has come» Learn Chinese for Phrasebook - the most useless occupation that you can come up Do not.. to mention the fact that the Chinese sounds very different from the Russian, the main problem is that Chinese - language tone. This means that the same word spoken with a different tone, can mean very different things. Trying to explain what you want, using such a book, about the same as trying to sing a strange song, the words of which you have before your eyes. The sounds can be, and will be similar, but the music is something you do not know, and without melody that you sing there, impossible to understand. With the same success it is possible to speak in Russian. In big cities, there is a good chance to meet people who know a little English, but a step left, step right - and you will not understand. It is better to be humbled. It will be useless. < Good news: you really want to understand, so they will try with all his strength Russian in China love.. Russia - a friend and neighbor. All Chinese know about Russia, they explain in one sentence: "Because you have there is very cold» All your problems Chinese explain the number of people. Ecology bad? Because the people very much. Do not obey the traffic rules? Because a lot of people. And so on to infinity. This is only a fraction of what I can tell. Talk about what you like, you can endlessly. Better to just go and come to meet in person. And then, who knows, maybe you also happen to love, and then ...

Author: Mary Pipenko
Photos on the preview: Maria Pipenko

via www.facebook.com/pipenko?fref=nf

Tags

See also

New and interesting