Goodbye, guilt! How to say goodbye to the inner critic

Elizabeth Gerrard, therapist, nutritionist, vegetarian offers a very simple practice, how to say goodbye to your inner critic and learn in a different way to look at what is happening.

Us

"I should not have this last piece of cake!»
"I can not believe that I have three days to eat a sweet night!»
"I'm a mother, so should and take care of children and cooking, and also to work, yes?»

Such thoughts have everyone. And no matter what we do destructive internal dialogue: about food, time management, work, family, relationships, their commitments or even something - these negative thoughts to anything good will not lead

. Feelings of guilt - a very heavy load, it takes away a lot of energy. Guilt brings us to the past, deprived of energy in the present and does not allow to move into the future. We become helpless.

Regardless of what is causing the feelings of guilt: past experience, inner convictions, external conditionality or all together, the result is always the same - we are stuck in place.

But it is easy to say - get rid of the guilt, do something it is not so simple. I offer you a little practice.

Right now, say aloud the following sentence:

The word "just" - this is the same word as the word "I must!" And "I should not have!"

And now begin to see how often you use the word "should" and "shall not" to describe their feelings and actions.

And as soon as you catch yourself on these words, replace the word "easy».

Thus, you will not blame yourself, and will ascertain their actions.

Try this technique and feel the difference.

How to change your feelings and mood, if instead: "I was not supposed to have all this dessert," you say, "I ate all the dessert, all to the last piece, and he liked me so!"

"I must" and "should not" - this is a very tricky and powerful words, and is difficult to eradicate from the subconscious, but it is necessary to make so that they did not have any power over you.

Uttering these words (out loud or to myself) - is a bad habit, and, to begin with, it would be good to learn how to keep track of. When these words appear in your mind (and this was going to happen), do not blame yourself, and for that, too, do not tell yourself, "I should not say so or think so," just stating the facts of what is happening to you, the fact of the you criticize yourself. At the moment, your action or inaction - that's a given. And yet! And no guilt!

If you stop to judge yourself, you will feel its power.

Like yoga, as well as the desire to live deliberately, to get rid of feelings of guilt can not be the goal, it is - practice. Yes, it is not easy, but it allows you to get rid of a few tons of garbage in the head, and frees up space for more positive feelings.

And then it becomes easier to make the various aspects of your life no matter how much they are far from perfect.

Tags

See also

New and interesting