And you weak? Man weighing 250 kg Runs Marathons

Not everyone dares to run several kilometers at a time: the time is not enough on training, the forces to train, if not reluctant to engage in sports. That's how it was with Derek Mitchell as his weight has not reached the critical level of 280 kg. It was then that he decided to change his life radically.

Five years ago, Derek Mitchell (Derek Mitchell) from Kansas was diagnosed with a tumor in the pituitary gland, which is responsible for the body's metabolism. This has resulted in ever-rising weight. Derek appointed course of medicines to reduce the swelling, and at some point he began to justify their inaction by the fact that it will begin to engage in sports and change your diet when tablets will take effect. And so that's what trying to now still does not work.

Derek now 35 years old and weighs 250 kg.

When his weight reached 280 kg, Mitchell finally realized in November 2014, that such an action plan entirely unpromising. "Then I realized that I needed a change. And I decided to start a new life in the new year. " In January of 2015 he gave up soda, switch to a more protein foods and tried to lead a more healthy lifestyle.

Due to the weight Mitchell all his exercises at that time consisted of normal walking: it was as long as he could. "I reached the traffic light and back. It was about half a kilometer per day. Then gradually I began to walk longer. " Mitchell's sister persuaded him to sign up for a run at a distance. "She said that a healthy diet - it's good exercise but need more intense. So we came to the idea of ​​the women's 5 km. »

After the first race, Derek became a local celebrity.

His first race Derek made in March of the same year. He was very nervous, but at the time of the events all his cheering, and eventually it began to invite to other races across the country. Also it drew the attention Chaizu Knight, CrossFit trainer. He invited Derek to work with him.

Derek became an example to follow.

It was not an easy year. But thanks to the commitment and support of the five-kilometer Mitchell ran 20 laps and lost 30 kg a year. This year he has already run seven races of the same and wants to continue to run, will run until 30 distances.

History Derek Mitchell has inspired many other people suffering from excess weight, to believe in themselves and start changing your life. On his page for more than 21 thousand people subscribed to Facebook. Mitchell And he says: "The main thing is not to deviate from his goal. Can you reach the crossroads - go to the crossroads. After a few days you will be able to go on longer. And then even further. »

The main thing - never give

. Loading ... Loading ...
Liked? Share with your friends!
Loading ... Loading ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting