Parenting from the millionaire moms: 6 useful tips

Denis Johnson grew up in a poor family in 17 years gave birth to a child, became homeless at 21 and at 23 made his first million. The successful business-woman, mother of five and grandmother of several grandchildren told about the principles of child-rearing.

"I travel to different countries, to get parents to think and not to make mistakes, which for decades did parents in the United States.

Our children - the next generation, which is already almost lost. Because they are accustomed to getting what they want in a child, and when they become adults, they just sit on the benefits ", - said Johnson

The aim should be from childhood

Rich people clearly understand what the goal should stand in front of their children. Yes, they educate future Harvard graduates, future senior managers, future doctors, or presidents. Meanwhile, the average person to bear and raise children with the thought: what if you are lucky

? "The family of my friends who own publishing house, the son did not want to learn and did not know what to do in life. Then the father took a radical decision and sent it for a week to work at a shelter for homeless people, without any tools. A week later, a teenager came back with a great desire to learn and to participate in the family business ", - said Johnson

. Without TV and mobile phone

Who is the best friend a "normal" child? Most likely, the television, computer and mobile phone. Children of Denis Johnson got their first phones in 16 years, the first of their computer has become his father's old computer and the TV in the home is not at all.

"My kids can not afford a mobile phone, because I do not earn anything. The handset teaches a person not to organize and manage your time, and the TV shows the incorrect model of life.

What did you learn about the cartoon Sponge Bob? The lazy, dissolute, nihilistic little man is happy about how he swept around the fingers of the other. You would want your sons have grown such a peasant? Would such men for their daughters? If you do not watch TV 30 days, this dependence can be eliminated ", - Johnson believes

Teach your child to love work

Approaching the weekend, and they hear the children? Hooray, Friday; You can take a break from this work; Head I - pig; subordinates do not obey, and the work as a whole angry. This position since childhood teaches people that work - it is bad, it is difficult and unpleasant. Children who are well trained, do not want to work or start their own business, says Denis Johnson.

In her family, children since two years doing simple chores, and to 11 years in their contribution already quite significant. "So they pay for accommodation and meals in our house. In life nothing is free, "- Johnson said. It does not use the services of a cook, maid or nanny - with all the housework family cope independently

. Thus it is necessary that the child was able to do the job that he does not like or causes strain - because it develops character, strength of will. If you only do what you like - no added value it will bring to human

. You're not an ATM for your child

"I give a child $ 50 a year on shoes and buy four pairs of jeans. No luxury shoes for such money can not buy, but if you want - or go and earn money, or wait for the sale! "- Johnson said, noting that the child should be provided with the most necessary, but special fantasies and desires, he must realize himself
"The worst thing parents can do - make money to give children what they themselves lacked in childhood. When children grow up, they find themselves in a world where already can not afford to live the way they are used to ", - says the business woman of the

. Spend or save?

With a waste of money there are only two options: to buy unnecessary things (and provide a good education to children and those traveling businessmen who sell these things), or teach children that money you can save, earn and invest. "How to motivate your child does not spend the money where it is not necessary? In our house there is a rule: Accumulate $ 10, and I'll give you another 10. When the sum collected to buy only those things that allow you to grow and develop: a bicycle, a musical instrument, a journey ", - said Johnson. And do not buy what others buy! Typically, this extra stuff that just take up space.

Teach your child generosity

Most successful people are different emotional and material generosity. They are not jealous and extremely generous. Teach your child to respect, calls on Johnson. It is no accident in the Bible it is said that 10% have to sacrifice: the children in her family, too, give 10% of every dollar earned orphans. 20% remains in the leisure and entertainment, and the rest goes to the treasury. In the future, the implementation of ideas.

Tags

See also

New and interesting